Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Folks, time to clean it up!!!!!

Go down

Folks, time to clean it up!!!!! Empty Folks, time to clean it up!!!!!

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 pm

This it the one and only message I will post regarding this issue. Clean up the language!!!! Profanity is not going to be allowed. If a post is deemed to contain offensive language the entire post will be deleted. If a poster continues to post profanity past the warning , they will be put in "time out" (suspended) for 1 week to get their head right. Let's begin to act like adults again.

Admin
Admin

https://karaokeusa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Folks, time to clean it up!!!!! Empty Re: Folks, time to clean it up!!!!!

Post  smoothedge69 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 am

See, you take away the cussing and nobody talks anymore. Good job!!
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 am

I will be back to post again soon...just too exhausted from a very busy day.Cussing is one way to communicate and I am by no means a prude, however I agree with the Admin it really had gotten out of hand. I think we are all intelligent enough to communicate without excessive cursing.

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:02 am

kjathena wrote:I will be back to post again soon...just too exhausted from a very busy day.Cussing is one way to communicate and I am by no means a prude, however I agree with the Admin it really had gotten out of hand. I think we are all intelligent enough to communicate without excessive cursing
I am in agreement with George Carlin that bad words have gotten a bad wrap. It is society that has stated that certain words are bad and shouldn't be said. It's all bull shizzles if you ask me!! Did you know that the F word originally meant "to hit". That hardly makes it a bad word. Society can kiss my furry white butt. I like my "bad words". I think the growing up part should be society stop making certain words taboo to say. They are just words, get the F over it, already!!!
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 am

Smoothedge, while I agree that certain words may have gotten a bad rep and also have been known to use foul language myself upon occasion(and on rare occasions can make a salty sailor blush) , I do find that many use "bad words" and appear unable to communicate without them...this makes many seen very uneducated.we can always replace $%^&* on curse words using only the first and last letter as to not offend anyone IF we feel the NEED to use a curse word.

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 am

kjathena wrote:Smoothedge, while I agree that certain words may have gotten a bad rep and also have been known to use foul language myself upon occasion(and on rare occasions can make a salty sailor blush) , I do find that many use "bad words" and appear unable to communicate without them...this makes many seen very uneducated.we can always replace $%^&* on curse words using only the first and last letter as to not offend anyone IF we feel the NEED to use a curse word.
Anyone who gets offended by an "f" bomb in the year 2013 is a pussy and should shoot themselves in the face!!

And That's the bottom line, cause Smoothedge said so!!!
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:57 am

I am not offended by those two words....but I am offended by a couple lesser used ones personally. The point I was attempting to get across is that we all should be able to communicate without the need for profanity and if I need to call someone a Dumb@** and no o
ther word will do....I still can without violating the rules.

Last edited by kjathena on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:04 am

smoothedge69 wrote:See, you take away the cussing and nobody talks anymore. Good job!!

I think you are missing the point. It is not the profanity but, how it is being used. I am not trying to turn this into a Sunday School class but I think we can find middle ground and begin to show we are adult.

Admin
Admin

https://karaokeusa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumbolt on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 pm

smoothedge69 wrote:See, you take away the cussing and nobody talks anymore. Good job!!

You have a point?
Rumbolt
Rumbolt

http://Hkinney@goodsoundsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  InsaneKJ on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Rumbolt wrote:

You have a point?

Yeah, a little more sanity has returned! Wink
InsaneKJ
InsaneKJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum