Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aria Karaoke Pro

+6
Steve Miller
Jhonr
smoothedge69
kjathena
Admin
Dan Gaines
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aria Karaoke Pro Empty Aria Karaoke Pro

Post  Dan Gaines Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:21 am

Looking into changing software if Invicion is uncooperative with allowing me to move my license to new computer - Old one has bit the dust (won't boot even to bios screen). Bought new computer which is on it's way from Omaha, Nebraska. Thinking about Aria Karaoke Pro in it's place. Would mean my purchase of KJ Media Pro was a waste of money.
This would only happen if I can't use my own copy of Compuhost.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Aria Karaoke Pro Empty Re: Aria Karaoke Pro

Post  Admin Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Dan Gaines wrote:Looking into changing software if Invicion is uncooperative with allowing me to move my license to new computer - Old one has bit the dust (won't boot even to bios screen). Bought new computer which is on it's way from Omaha, Nebraska. Thinking about Aria Karaoke Pro in it's place. Would mean my purchase of KJ Media Pro was a waste of money.
This would only happen if I can't use my own copy of Compuhost.

Why will they not let you move the software, you can take the old laptop out of service and reassign the new one. Have you called them. A local dj here had one of his laptops crash and ws unable to remove it from the Invicion data base and they had to do it manually for him. Should no be a problem. I have spoken with them on several occassions and as usual very friendly and helpful.

Admin
Admin

https://karaokeusa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Danny I hope you are able to get this resolved (and move your Comphost) I have had a great deal of luck with software manus in doing just this type of thing...It just takes a lot of time on hold and patience. I would hate to think your MediaPro would become useless to you. If this does happen however maybe you could sell the drive to another host - the songs you have already unlocked...Just a thought and something to look into

Bright Blessings
Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Update, I will be using Compuhost as hoped. They are going to make a complimentary license for me but this is going to be the last time though.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Happy Dance...Happy Dance cheers cheers cheers Good for you Danny

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Now if I can receive my laptop. Got shipped to my old address and the jerk of a roommate sent it back to sender as undeliverable. I changed my address before clicking buy it now so it should have come to my new address.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:20 am

Made a complaint to ebay and they ruled in favor of the seller believing his lie that I never changed my address. I'm done with EBay and will no longer do business with them ever again.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Should have my new laptop either Friday or Monday. It's a model I have had before. Got the s-video to RCA convertor delivered today.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:57 pm

tracking has it scheduled for estimated delivery on Friday. Can't wait to get it.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Got the laptop about noon today. Loaded Compuhost and activate Compuhost, the kiosk and the KJ Media Pro. Can't wait to use it now. Turns out it does have WIFI.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:15 am

update: wifi unreliable, need a stronger adapter to use wifi for the kiosk. Am having to go wired between computers and router.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Dan Gaines wrote:update: wifi unreliable, need a stronger adapter to use wifi for the kiosk. Am having to go wired between computers and router.
I have an old Compaq, who's WiFi died. I replaced it with a Netgear Wireless -N USB Adapter. The thing is great. Picks up signal from all over the place.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:45 pm

SOmething is up with the audio playback of the laptop. Every once in a while the music hiccups. Graphics stopping long enough to keep up with the music. First thought it was a Compuhost problem but it also happens when playing windows media player. Does it whether I'm using the built in audio outs or my usb soundcard or not. Am going to pick up a madboy player so that I can do my shows until I get this sorted out. That way I don't lose songs going disc based until it's fixed.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Aria Karaoke Pro Empty Have you considered...

Post  Jhonr Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:09 pm

1). Un-install any Anti-virus/Anti-malware software..keep the Laptop OFF the internet....
2). Increasing Memory size..anything above 2Gig should be sufficient...
3). Run CCleaner, Register Cleaner (within CCleaner-which is free on the internet)..
4). Defrag your Harddrive to re-claim lost HD space and improve efficency of your Operating system..
5). Check for Hardware Driver updates..as Windows has been doing alot of updates to their OS - security wise. These updates have been know to cause issues with Hardware drivers getting 'corrupted'.

Just a few things to consider..
Jhonr
Jhonr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sounds-Great-DJ-Karaoke-Light-Show

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Jhonr wrote:1). Un-install any Anti-virus/Anti-malware software..keep the Laptop OFF the internet....
3). Run CCleaner, Register Cleaner (within CCleaner-which is free on the internet)..
4). Defrag your Harddrive to re-claim lost HD space and improve efficency of your Operating system..
5). Check for Hardware Driver updates..as Windows has been doing alot of updates to their OS - security wise. These updates have been know to cause issues with Hardware drivers getting 'corrupted'.

Yeah, leave it to Windows to corrupt drivers. You would think after all these years they would have perfected Windows, and streamlined it so it wouldn't need 2GBs of RAM to run.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Jhonr wrote:1). Un-install any Anti-virus/Anti-malware software..keep the Laptop OFF the internet....

one issue with number 1:I have to go on internet to download new songs with media pro and to manage my credits.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Jhonr Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:13 pm

That I understand, as I do too. What I meant was don't use your Show Production laptop as an internet surfing tool...just go online for the minimum time needed to get your updates and credits (as I do that as well with Compuhost/CB). Checking email and going to Java intensive sites with IE is a 'bug' infested world..both for Windows and Apple products.. When running your shows, it is 'suggested' NOT to be connected to the WWW. If running a kiosk, use a 'closed' network - either via ethernet or wireless(encrypted of course).

I hope this might help with the issues you're having.
Have a blessed day!!
Jhonr
Jhonr

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Miller Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Dan,

My show computer is never connected to the internet PERIOD, in fact it has no internet browser installed on it, If I need to be on the internet I have a small netbook that I use for that purpose.
Steve Miller
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonman Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I have to put my computer on the internet for software updates/upgrades only and long enough to be able to download and register if needed. Otherwise it isn't even connected any other time.
Lonman
Lonman

http://www.lonmanproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Miller Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Lonman wrote:I have to put my computer on the internet for software updates/upgrades only and long enough to be able to download and register if needed. Otherwise it isn't even connected any other time.

I use Karma and for transfers I do as well, but for updates I can simply download the update version to my online computer and then transfer it to the show computer and then run the update version, the key still works.
Steve Miller
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonman Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:54 pm

For a few of my programs, any updates have to be online to register/update.
Lonman
Lonman

http://www.lonmanproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:59 am

Steve Miller wrote:Dan,

My show computer is never connected to the internet PERIOD, in fact it has no internet browser installed on it, If I need to be on the internet I have a small netbook that I use for that purpose.
Unfortunately to manage the credits and to download the updated locked files, I have to put the machine that I am going to do the unlock from online.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:46 am

Update I got it working. had to redeposit my compuhost license back online because I had to redo windows. Unfortunately it only gave me windows service pack 1 and will not run compuhost so had to go back to an old software I haven't used in years, RoxBox. I hate it for two reasons. 1: it doesn't have the ability to manage the rotation the way that Compuhost does and 2:the keychanger bites.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Jhonr Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 am

Great! Glad to hear that you got it worked out!! Compuhost is a great utility to run shows with, no doubt! I really hope that SC will develope a similiar media content system where we (as host) can use Compuhost for both manu's song database! Best of both worlds!!!

Jhonr
Jhonr

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumbolt Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Dan Gaines wrote:

one issue with number 1:I have to go on internet to download new songs with media pro and to manage my credits.

Danny, being on the internet is not going to screw up your computer alone. It is the sites you might visit that can cause havoc. My show computer is alway connedted to the internet BUT I alway rung ood anti-virus software and do regular updates and scans. I have found (and some might disagree but that is ok) using Microsoft Security Essentials has worked best for my setup. I gave up on Mcafee and Norton years ago. I have used other commercial programs over the years that did ok but slowed the systems down and used lots of resources but MSE has worked flawless for me. You need to keep in mind Compuhost does use a lot of resource space to properly operate.

Also, Go into your task manager and take a look at what programs are running in background and stop the unesential ones.
Rumbolt
Rumbolt

http://Hkinney@goodsoundsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next