Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you favorite songs to sing??

+2
kjathena
smoothedge69
6 posters

Go down

What are you favorite songs to sing?? Empty What are you favorite songs to sing??

Post  smoothedge69 Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:42 am

I am sure most of you are singers as well as hosts. What do you like to sing??

I sing everything from Disturbed to Sinatra, from Whitesnake to Meatloaf.

Some of my favorites are:
Still of the Night - Whitesnake
Rooster - Alice In Chains
How Many More Times - Led-Zeppelin
Ride On - AC/DC
Outside - Staind
Any song from Creed
Silent Lucidity - Queensryche
Bat Out Of Hell - Meat Loaf
No More Tears - Ozzy.........................Just to name a few.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

What are you favorite songs to sing?? Empty Re: What are you favorite songs to sing??

Post  kjathena Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 am

Personally I like to sing a lot of 1 hit wonders and slightly naughty songs....but can sing everything from Dodie Stevens to Grateful Dead to Afroman to to Patsy Cline and lots in between. You can search for the list of top karaoke songs.....I know I've seen it listed but dont remember where confused

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

What are you favorite songs to sing?? Empty Re: What are you favorite songs to sing??

Post  The Lone Ranger Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 am

kjathena wrote:Personally I like to sing a lot of 1 hit wonders and slightly naughty songs....but can sing everything from Dodie Stevens to Grateful Dead to Afroman to to Patsy Cline and lots in between. You can search for the list of top karaoke songs.....I know I've seen it listed but dont remember where confused

Shocked Kjathena! really Afroman, that is a little bit more naughty than I pictured you. Now I don't feel so bad about doing songs by Clarence Carter like "Strokin". Do you do any Rusty Warren, "Bounce Your Boobies"?
Just asking have a nice day.

The Lone Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:54 pm

been known to do a lll "strokin" myself and the pussycat song and short dick man ect....no body expects me(as I look like a grandma, sunday school teacher) to sing some of the songs (I love the Mama discs and wish someone would put out legal Richard Cheese tunes) write my own parodies too.
I am also know as the "Hugging KJ around here" along with a lot of weird little habits and tricks at MY shows (wish I could run more but right now alas not in the cards)

Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

What are you favorite songs to sing?? Empty Favorite songs???

Post  Centerdriver Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Most anything in my voice range. Do a lot of Randy Travis, Sinatra, George Strait, Merle, Tony Bennet etc. etc. I can drop Brooks & Dunn down 2 and do most of their stuff too. I also have some Rodney Carrington for some partys that are getting a bit dirty, like, Show Them To Me etc.
Centerdriver
Centerdriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Leopard Lizard Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:10 pm

My favorites to sing are "Please Don't Leave Me" by Pink and "La Isla Bonita" by Madonna but I have them on my overdone list right now. Others are Edge of Glory--Lady Gaga, Dynamite--Taio Cruz, Firework and The One That Got Away--Katy Perry, Hey Soul Sister--Train, Viva La Vida--Coldplay, Different Drum and most any Linda Ronstadt except Blue Bayou, Como La Flor--Selena, Volcano--Jimmy Buffett, My Life Would Suck Without You--Kelly Clarkson, He's A Rebel--Crystals, anything by Shakira and some by by Gloria Estefan.

Then I have a list of songs I was asked by the cowboys never to sing again We Found Love--Rihanna, Stereo Love, OMG, Redemption Song--Bob Marley, Single Ladies and If I Were A Boy by Beyonce and please quit singing in Spanish.....every now and then I bring them out if we need to go home early.

Leopard Lizard

Back to top Go down

What are you favorite songs to sing?? Empty I'm all over the place

Post  Sandman Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:23 pm

"Turn the Page (Live)" by Bob Seger. I learned to sing that one with the Dangerous version. I sang karaoke for a couple of years before I tried hosting. I entered a contest for fun and ended up winning on a stage in front of about 200 people at an event associated with alpine skiing world championships (think Bode Miller, Beaver Creek). I got a very nice Bose home theater system as a prize. I won with that song.

"You'll Never Find (Another Love Like Mine)" by Lou Rawls. I remember this song from when I was a kid and back in 1999, in NYC, I found myself in an actual Japanese "karaoke box" in Manhattan. My girlfriend at the time was used to listening to me sing everything on the radio during our frequent long drives to and from mountain bike races all over the state. You could have knocked her over with a feather when she heard me sing that one for the first time. One of my favorite KJ quotes came from a host named Dean that used to remark: "How did that big black voice come out of that little white man?"

"Black Betty" by Ram Jam usually gets a huge reaction and I freakin' love singing it, loud and raw to get them clapping and stomping.

"Ain't No Rest For The Wicked" by Cage The Elephant has been sung by me dozens of times in that last couple of years. I really enjoy the verbal flow of that song and I kinda get a kick out of the message.

I can sing anything country from Trace Adkins to Kenny Chesney, Willie Nelson, Gary Allen, George Strait, Waylon Jennings, Big & Rich (hick hop - lol), Dierks Bently, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Rodney Atkins, etc.

When I am feeling especially romantic (or a wedding party shows up), I'll sing "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain either for my girl or the bride.

On the "higher" end of things - "Counting Blue Cars" by Dishwalla is a favorite because it surprised me that I could actually do a decent job singing it. Roxy Music's "Love Is The Drug" is in my very upper-most range at the end and it is always unpredictable as to whether I can nail that last note. That makes it fun for me.

Don't get me started on classic rock. I already knew the lyrics to thousands of classic rock tunes long before I started singing karaoke regularly.

"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake, "Shooting Star" by Bad Company, "Sunshine of Your Love" by Cream come to mind.

Lastly: The one song that I truly love and perform with as much style and enthusiasm as I can is "Steamroller Blues (Live)" by James Taylor (SC version). I have had many, many people comment on my performance of that song even going so far as to say that if I ever got to AI or AGT that I should audition with that one.

My list of unique songs (compuhost history) in the last 365 days is 444 unique selections. That is out of 1199 performances.

This is a purely Fun thread. jocolor

P.S. -- smoothedge69... I have sung every song/artist you mentioned with the exception of that particular track by LedZep. Makes me think if we were ever to meet and sing together without knowing of any of this online bullshit, we'd probably have a great time.
Sandman
Sandman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down