Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Folks, time to clean it up!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Folks, time to clean it up!!!!! Empty Folks, time to clean it up!!!!!

Post  Admin Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 pm

This it the one and only message I will post regarding this issue. Clean up the language!!!! Profanity is not going to be allowed. If a post is deemed to contain offensive language the entire post will be deleted. If a poster continues to post profanity past the warning , they will be put in "time out" (suspended) for 1 week to get their head right. Let's begin to act like adults again.

Admin
Admin

https://karaokeusa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Folks, time to clean it up!!!!! Empty Re: Folks, time to clean it up!!!!!

Post  smoothedge69 Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 am

See, you take away the cussing and nobody talks anymore. Good job!!
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 am

I will be back to post again soon...just too exhausted from a very busy day.Cussing is one way to communicate and I am by no means a prude, however I agree with the Admin it really had gotten out of hand. I think we are all intelligent enough to communicate without excessive cursing.

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:02 am

kjathena wrote:I will be back to post again soon...just too exhausted from a very busy day.Cussing is one way to communicate and I am by no means a prude, however I agree with the Admin it really had gotten out of hand. I think we are all intelligent enough to communicate without excessive cursing
I am in agreement with George Carlin that bad words have gotten a bad wrap. It is society that has stated that certain words are bad and shouldn't be said. It's all bull shizzles if you ask me!! Did you know that the F word originally meant "to hit". That hardly makes it a bad word. Society can kiss my furry white butt. I like my "bad words". I think the growing up part should be society stop making certain words taboo to say. They are just words, get the F over it, already!!!
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 am

Smoothedge, while I agree that certain words may have gotten a bad rep and also have been known to use foul language myself upon occasion(and on rare occasions can make a salty sailor blush) , I do find that many use "bad words" and appear unable to communicate without them...this makes many seen very uneducated.we can always replace $%^&* on curse words using only the first and last letter as to not offend anyone IF we feel the NEED to use a curse word.

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 am

kjathena wrote:Smoothedge, while I agree that certain words may have gotten a bad rep and also have been known to use foul language myself upon occasion(and on rare occasions can make a salty sailor blush) , I do find that many use "bad words" and appear unable to communicate without them...this makes many seen very uneducated.we can always replace $%^&* on curse words using only the first and last letter as to not offend anyone IF we feel the NEED to use a curse word.
Anyone who gets offended by an "f" bomb in the year 2013 is a pussy and should shoot themselves in the face!!

And That's the bottom line, cause Smoothedge said so!!!
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:57 am

I am not offended by those two words....but I am offended by a couple lesser used ones personally. The point I was attempting to get across is that we all should be able to communicate without the need for profanity and if I need to call someone a Dumb@** and no o
ther word will do....I still can without violating the rules.

Last edited by kjathena on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:04 am

smoothedge69 wrote:See, you take away the cussing and nobody talks anymore. Good job!!

I think you are missing the point. It is not the profanity but, how it is being used. I am not trying to turn this into a Sunday School class but I think we can find middle ground and begin to show we are adult.

Admin
Admin

https://karaokeusa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumbolt Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 pm

smoothedge69 wrote:See, you take away the cussing and nobody talks anymore. Good job!!

You have a point?
Rumbolt
Rumbolt

http://Hkinney@goodsoundsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  InsaneKJ Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Rumbolt wrote:

You have a point?

Yeah, a little more sanity has returned! Wink
InsaneKJ
InsaneKJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down