Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PEP Takes Over Chartbuster?

Go down

PEP Takes Over Chartbuster? Empty PEP Takes Over Chartbuster?

Post  The Lone Ranger Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:08 am

Cool It would seem that PEP has taken over the CB label from Digitrax. PEP has also taken over the enforcement of said label from Pirate Recovery LLC. So now instead of two labels seeking compensation it is really only now one company trying to make a buck off defunct brands. I say defunct since neither have made any new product in years. I know new product is coming I think I have heard that somewhere before. According to Jim the status of hosts that have CB certification is sort of up in the air. With the dumping of CB product on the market prior to CB's foreclosure and the muddled status of CB certification, it is not clear whether old CB certifications will be honored or not. So it would seem the litigation business model is alive and well, I wonder what will happen to all of the PR llc. suits that were started way back when will they still be pressed in the court?

This is just another example of PEP trying to make themselves a partner in every karaoke service company in the U.S. There is no limit to the greed and all in the name of protecting defunct labels and in the process stuffing their own pockets without having to make really any product. They are nothing but legal process trolls trying to extort money from small business's. I'm just glad I made mine and have retired from full time hosting. Also I'm happy that my CB is on SCDG's and the copyright for that product is held by CAVS. I talked with the owner of CAVS and was told they have no plans to go after hosts so that's the name of that tune. PEP, Jim and Kurt should remember that greed kills.

The Lone Ranger

Back to top Go down

PEP Takes Over Chartbuster? Empty Re: PEP Takes Over Chartbuster?

Post  The Lone Ranger Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:07 am

Cool This is in the way of an update and clarification of my previous post. According to Jim the legal spokes hole for PEP aka SC, only the brand or CB trademark was obtained from Digitrax. The back catalog of CB material is still owned by Digitrax, in much the same way the SC back catalog is owned by Stingray. So the legal process business model is only being used by one company now. For all practical reasons SC aka PEP is nothing more than a company pretending to still be viable under the guise of making new product at some far off future date. In reality all the company is set up to do is trademark trolling, and trying to extort money legally from any karaoke hosting company that is foolish enough to pay the protection money. Really Jim I thought you were better than this, I mean I know you are a lawyer and all, but really.

The Lone Ranger

Back to top Go down