Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please don't laugh, cuz I am new.

4 posters

Go down

Please don't laugh, cuz I am new. Empty Please don't laugh, cuz I am new.

Post  Centerdriver Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Has anyone ever heard of Siglos? I chose that one mainly because of price and it being "user friendly". It works for me here at the apartment, and sometimes I set up down at the RV park where we winter in florida. One thing I have found I really like about it, I can put my own pictures up for background graphics behind the words. Only thing I do not like about it is I can not adjust the bass/mid/treb output to my amp, and the amp only has one tone control on each mic, but none for the input from my pc.
Centerdriver
Centerdriver

Back to top Go down

Please don't laugh, cuz I am new. Empty Re: Please don't laugh, cuz I am new.

Post  Steve Miller Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Centerdriver wrote: Has anyone ever heard of Siglos? I chose that one mainly because of price and it being "user friendly". It works for me here at the apartment, and sometimes I set up down at the RV park where we winter in florida. One thing I have found I really like about it, I can put my own pictures up for background graphics behind the words. Only thing I do not like about it is I can not adjust the bass/mid/treb output to my amp, and the amp only has one tone control on each mic, but none for the input from my pc.

I have tried Siglos along with about twenty other programs over the years I rejected Siglos because of the convoluted (not user friendly) interface. I settled on Karma for it's speed and simplicity. But just about every host has his or her own favorites for various reasons. As KJs most of us run sound mixers for full control over the sound, many of the KJ programs we use (like Karma) do have full EQ's on the output.
Steve Miller
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Please don't laugh, cuz I am new. Empty Thanks.

Post  Centerdriver Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at several. Some would take a programer to figure out, some had the smallest control knobs to turn with the mouse and so forth and so on. Will look into any and all to see what would be good for me.
Centerdriver
Centerdriver

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:29 pm

I have tried many programs over the years and just switched from Karma to MTU Hoster as it had functions that meshed well for us and the easiest interface to play our LD files. Where do you winter in Florida ? I am just north of Clearwater Very Happy

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I am down in North Port. Welcome.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Dusty...also MTU Hoster is not just a karaoke program...it has many features built in for 1-2 man shows also...you may wish to take a peek at the page...it is not the cheapest product out there but it has TONS of features. No I dont work for them or get a cut from sales.....LOL Very Happy

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Centerdriver Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:37 pm

kjathena wrote:I have tried many programs over the years and just switched from Karma to MTU Hoster as it had functions that meshed well for us and the easiest interface to play our LD files. Where do you winter in Florida ? I am just north of Clearwater Very Happy

That's not too far. We are in Leesburg, well right on the west side of Lake Eustis. We normally stay 6 months. Sometimes less, sometimes more. My favorite KJ in the area is Steve O. He does all of the area and the Eustis Moose Lodge. That is where I hang mostly.
Centerdriver
Centerdriver

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:47 pm

not terribly far at all...if you get chance to be in the Clearwater/Dunedin area be sure to let me know...I love to meet people from the forums at my shows Very Happy

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum