Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foooood Glorious Foood!!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Foooood Glorious Foood!! Empty Foooood Glorious Foood!!

Post  smoothedge69 Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Made some roasted chicken legs with green beans tonight. After roasting the chicken, I spread just a touch of horseradish mustard on the skin. The green beans, I sauteed with olive oil, garlic, a touch of salt and oregano.

What did you folks have, or make??
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Foooood Glorious Foood!! Empty Re: Foooood Glorious Foood!!

Post  kjathena Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 pm

sounds good...I had a fried egg sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk....yummy too Very Happy

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:47 pm

kjathena wrote:sounds good...I had a fried egg sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk....yummy too Very Happy
I love egg sammies. That is one thing I miss about NY. You could always find a deli or a bagel place that would make an excellent egg sandwich. Down here you have to make them yourself if you want them to be worth anything.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  Leopard Lizard Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 am

It was too hot here to want to cook or really even eat anything. Had potato salad made yesterday and lots of ice water.

Leopard Lizard

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:29 am

Leopard Lizard wrote:It was too hot here to want to cook or really even eat anything. Had potato salad made yesterday and lots of ice water.
It's never too hot for me to eat. The only time I don't want to eat is when I have a stomach bug.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  Leopard Lizard Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:37 am

All of our chicken legs are still attached to the chickens who run around the yard. Oh. Glen Frey is on Tavis Smiley right now. He is singing "Route 66" and jitterbugging. I don't suppose they will discuss karaoke. He's done one of those modern guy sings retro albums.

Am up on coyote watch. First the neighbor dogs bark, then our ducks sound the alarm, then the dogs run out to the rescue then we go out to rescue the dogs.

Leopard Lizard

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:44 am

LOL. I like my chicken legs on a plate, not attached to live chickens. A farmer, I am not. I just enjoy cooking.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:37 am

gonna make risotto tonight...with wonderful dried mushrooms ....supper yummy Very Happy

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 am

kjathena wrote:gonna make risotto tonight...with wonderful dried mushrooms ....supper yummy Very Happy
OOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Never has risotto. Better make it right or Gordon Ramsey will come down on you.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am

I always make yummy risotto.....another of my favs is stuffed mashed potatos....super yummy cheers I can be very happy 5 out of 7 days with what most consider a side dish...love meatless or less meat meals too...very good for the budget cheers cheers cheers

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Soooooooooo, how was the Risotto?? I made braised eye round with broccoli, pasta, in a Pino Noir and garlic sauce.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:43 pm

the risotto was FANTASTIC...tomarrow meat Very Happy

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:56 pm

kjathena wrote:the risotto was FANTASTIC...tomarrow meat Very Happy
So Gordon Ramsey didn't come in and yell at you??
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:21 pm

no...I do love hell's kitchen however Very Happy

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:28 pm

kjathena wrote:no...I do love hell's kitchen however Very Happy
It's RAW!!!!! My 6 year old boy loves to say that.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:01 am

had a friend call me over to take all the food from her garage freezer this morning(huge upright and FULL). She buys alot of expensive food. I had wonderful Hummus and Pita tonight for dinner...super yummy. I am really looking forward to the fantastic looking lamb chops tomorrow...its been years since I could afford lamb chops. I am so thankful for all the super yummy stuff (even huge t-bones,duck and baby back ribs)...I hope she enjoys every minute of her 2 month vacation....even got canned and jars treasures like marinated artichoke hearts, capers, albacore tuna,balsamic, extra virgin olive oil...gonna cook and eat good for a couple of months Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:15 am

kjathena wrote:had a friend call me over to take all the food from her garage freezer this morning(huge upright and FULL). She buys alot of expensive food. I had wonderful Hummus and Pita tonight for dinner...super yummy. I am really looking forward to the fantastic looking lamb chops tomorrow...its been years since I could afford lamb chops. I am so thankful for all the super yummy stuff (even huge t-bones,duck and baby back ribs)...I hope she enjoys every minute of her 2 month vacation....even got canned and jars treasures like marinated artichoke hearts, capers, albacore tuna,balsamic, extra virgin olive oil...gonna cook and eat good for a couple of months Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers
The last lamb I had was a roasted leg o' lamb. It was greasy, and I got sick. Shame, it WAS tasty. Meat grease bothers my stomach. I do like lamb chops, however. Not a big fan of the marinades artichoke hearts. I like them in EVOO and garlic. Good score, though. Enjoy.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:18 am

going to curl up in bed with a good cookbook and make some menu plans...so far I have pork curry with buttered naan , chicken Picatta.and the lamb chops served with stuffed mashed potatoes and asparagus planned ...since we only eat meat 2x a week this should last quite a while. BTW Bobby lamb cooked properly is never greasy...but it takes a gentle hand and a long cooking time.

Oh and another big score I found in a bag I just unpacked a whole salted and cured country ham...that will be great for soups, pots of beans, redeye gravy and biscuits for months

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:23 am

It was my first attempt at a leg o' lamb, so it might have been my fault. What's buttered naan?
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:39 am

buttered naan is a type of Indian bread cooked on the sides of an clay oven(sort of like a pita but without the hollow inside) them brushed with butter.

Leg of lamb can be superb...next time you want to try it let me know and I will send you a FANTASTIC recipe...it does take 2 days however total prep and cooking time.....My hubby swore he hated lamb until I sneaked it in on him without him knowing....now he loves it (nothing like his ex-mother-in-laws lamb at all)

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:41 am

kjathena wrote:buttered naan is a type of Indian bread cooked on the sides of an clay oven(sort of like a pita but without the hollow inside) them brushed with butter.

Leg of lamb can be superb...next time you want to try it let me know and I will send you a FANTASTIC recipe...it does take 2 days however total prep and cooking time.....My hubby swore he hated lamb until I sneaked it in on him without him knowing....now he loves it (nothing like his ex-mother-in-laws lamb at all)
Yeah, I would be interested in that, for sure.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lone Ranger Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Cool Decided to take tonight off since I filled in for a sick host friend of mine on Sunday. He is covering for me tonight, decided to cook something for me and my wife. BBQed cornish game hens, wild rice stuffing, fresh french green beans, with garlic and onions, a salad, and fresh watermelon for dessert. Have a great evening everyone.

The Lone Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 pm

had yummy pita's filled with lettuce sliced tomatoes and avocados I love you .....supper yummy I love you I love you I love you meat again in two days

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Made a quick sauce, yesterday. No wine, no cheese, but still a pretty good sauce. I served it over elbows. Nothing fancy. Christmas I make the REAL sauce. That's where I use sausages, mixed ground beef for meatballs, Braciole, and I use 5 cans of tomatoes. That's the sauce that gets Locatelli Romano, and a good Cabernet Sauvignon or San Giovese. That sauce gets cooked for at least eight hours. That sauce gets added to the Lasagna. That is one of my favorite parts of Christmas!!!
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 pm

think i'm going to do German Spaetzle with brown butter and a nice green salad topped with more fresh tomatoes and olives...maybe some blu cheese crumbles or shaved ramanno

I make lasagna too for yule.....my kids love it....3 day sauce and tons of imported cheese....I only get to make it once a year because it costs over $100.00 but that is a huge pan and made from scratch for pasta to sauce (cheat now and dont do my own sausage anymore as I found a good butcher shop that make it fresh) affraid

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum