Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO what kind of things other than karaoke do you like?

+2
smoothedge69
kjathena
6 posters

Go down

SO what kind of things other than karaoke do you like? Empty SO what kind of things other than karaoke do you like?

Post  kjathena Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:57 pm

I figured since we have this nice new general section we could get to know each other a bit.

What do you like to do ? (besides karaoke)

Blessings

Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

SO what kind of things other than karaoke do you like? Empty Re: SO what kind of things other than karaoke do you like?

Post  smoothedge69 Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:03 am

kjathena wrote:I figured since we have this nice new general section we could get to know each other a bit.

What do you like to do ? (besides karaoke)

Blessings

Athena

I like baseball, and follow the Rays, since moving to Florida. I am originally a Mets fan, being from Long Island. I love eating, and enjoy cooking. I am a Trekkie, and right now I am going through the entire series of Star Trek: Enterprise. Netflix is an awesome service. Besides singing, I also dabble in guitar and keyboards. I like gaming, too.

And you??

smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

SO what kind of things other than karaoke do you like? Empty Re: SO what kind of things other than karaoke do you like?

Post  kjathena Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 am

I am a Dr.Who fan, I love to garden AT NIGHT, love to be around kiddos... especially my grandkids. The only sport I like is Jai-Alai but miss the fronton here in Tampa...we do go to Orlando when they are running it there but not as much fun watching on screen. And I really like anything having to do with time travel concepts.

Blessings
Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:20 am

kjathena wrote:I am a Dr.Who fan, I love to garden AT NIGHT, love to be around kiddos... especially my grandkids. The only sport I like is Jai-Alai but miss the fronton here in Tampa...we do go to Orlando when they are running it there but not as much fun watching on screen. And I really like anything having to do with time travel concepts.

Blessings
Athena
Oh, if time travel were only possible. I was reading last night, that while the concept of Warp drive is solid, we won't have the technology to create it for many MILLENIA.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

SO what kind of things other than karaoke do you like? Empty Nice discussion topic

Post  Jhonr Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:37 am

Well - dad always said to have diverse interest and hobbies sooo -

Love motorcycles - mostly HD brand. Started riding when I was 15 on an old BSA100. OLD thing got me to work and back for a summer..then went to Honda's (of course)-Kawasaki's, then when I could final afford em - Harley's. Built and sold show bikes for Riders HD here in BHAM during the early 80's, then when the owner got the dealership for HD, I hired on to learn how to wrench on em. Did that for 10 years, owned various models during that time..finally settled down with the Ultra Classic model. Nothing can beat it as far as long haul rides (500 mile rides per day). Been to Daytona Beach (bike week) more times than I can remember - love the fairgounds/swap meet and of course - The Cabbage Patch pub!!!! Fun memories there, I tell ya!. Just before my dad died, he encouraged me to pursue my childhood dream...Flying. Got all the ratings by 93 (Single/Multi-engine Land Airplane - Instrument/Commercial // CFII/MEI Flight Instructor- Instrument/Commerical // Instrument/Commercial Ground Instructor.) Started teaching in late 93 thru 2001. And that was Part Time - Full time job was with major telcom (Bellsouth, later ATT). Turned my interest of Electronics into a full time job. Alas, my health finally went down to the point I couldn't pass a flight physical..lost my medical due to Hypertension. Time to find another hobby.....
So, to relax and enjoy life - Riding my bike, Fishing (of course!! I Live right on Lay Lake, Alabama - Bassmaster paradise!).
I won't get into how I got started in Karaoke - but I did meet a local Karaoke legend midsummer '04 - Grary Blaylock (StageFright Karaoke) at one of the venues my wife (ex now) was going to all the time with her sister . After a few visits, Grary convinced me to sing a Johnny Cash song. You guessed it..Folsom Prison. Well, to say the least, I had fun with it and the rest is history. Got my equipment and started buying songs left and right. Grary trained me on the equipment and after a short introduction period, I was on my own..having a ball!! I love helping others enjoy themselves and generally having the same kind of fun I had when singing! Always been told to diversify my knowledge, so I can say I've done the things I've always wanted to do, and then some! Everything I done to learn something new has always bought joy and $$$$. hehehe. It's cheaper that way!! LOL cheers
Jhonr
Jhonr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sounds-Great-DJ-Karaoke-Light-Show

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:52 am

Jhor,
Thats great...My first CB handle was "Little Honda" way back when....LOL and I was in EasyRider magazine as a small child riding in the middle of the pack....very true story. I love that you have so many hobbies Very Happy

Blessings
Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Jhonr Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:02 am

Lil Honda?? LOL cool..mine was Slowrider!! hehe..that got changed to JumpinJohn by Bill Peek at Riders HD when I went to work for him ... Loved those old CB days!!
I was an AF Cop during the 70's and of course, radio's was the 'thing' for me! (along with weapons)....
Glad you got this section going. I'm very interested of how such a diverse group of people came about to be doing this kind of business. It sure will be interesting to say the least who will post.
Jhonr
Jhonr
Jhonr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sounds-Great-DJ-Karaoke-Light-Show

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:58 am

Bobby,
I guess the time travel aspect is why I am a Dr. Who fan too...I do like pretty much all Sci-fi and fantasy genres however...was a huge Battlestar Galatica fan (the original series) too

Blessings
Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 am

kjathena wrote:Bobby,
I guess the time travel aspect is why I am a Dr. Who fan too...I do like pretty much all Sci-fi and fantasy genres however...was a huge Battlestar Galatica fan (the original series) too

Blessings
Athena
I used to watch that. I like Fantasy, too. I am on the fourth book of the Song of Ice and Fire series, from George R.R. Martin. It's one of the best series I have read, to date.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 am

Bobby I LOVED that series too Very Happy

Blessings
Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:40 am

kjathena wrote:Bobby I LOVED that series too Very Happy

Blessings
Athena
It's still going. he has2-3 more books to write, and the fifth is out. It's called Dance With Dragons.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:07 am

I havent read that one yet...time for a trip to the bookstore cherry

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:16 am

kjathena wrote:I havent read that one yet...time for a trip to the bookstore cherry

What? No Kindle??
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:51 am

no don't like kindles but do have/use/like my sony e-reader Very Happy

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:16 am

kjathena wrote:no don't like kindles but do have/use/like my sony e-reader Very Happy
I actually still read books. My fiance has a kindle.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeChartreuse Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:49 am

I think it my be safe for me to reply on this thread, though not requested- just bein' friendly...

I'm not a huge team sports guy (surprise!). I have been a student of martial arts for most of my life ( Goju Karate, Judo, Aikido, Kun Tau Silat, Chin Na, Aiki-jujutsu, Jujutsu ( Not Brazillian Grappling, which is really a form of combat Judo) but Okinawan, the mother art to Goju, Judo, and Aikido. I fought for 8 years in the predecessor to what is now known as MMA or UFC style. Then it was just Pit, Cage, or Freestyle.

I was very good LOCALLY- but got my a$$ kicked when tried to enter the big leagues. I was a bit of an animal, but those guys are out and out psychopaths! Besides, I started late ( in my mid 30s).

I LOVE to swim, especially in a rough ocean, walk for miles at night when it's quiet, and anything else that helps recharge my mental batteries.

I'll read anything from R.A. Salvatore to Robert B Parker to Roger Zelazney to Anne Rice to Philip R. Craig to James A Michener to on and on and on... with the exception of formulaic romance novels.

I soak in good books. Yup, that's books, not an e-reader. Well, whaddya expect from a freakin' Luddite? Laughing I just like the feel of them. They're also easier to read in bright sun...

I've made a hobby out of building independent power sources and heat producers.

My last Sensei was a karaoke fanatic, and took me to a kind of underground Japanese karaoke club. You would never know it was there unless- well- you knew it was there. I was the only geijin in the place, but Sensei seemed to have been highly respected there, and I was excepted with warmth.

That was my first CLUB. My first experience was actually at a Lions club dinner, where the host was pulling a large all-in-one on wheels around the room, trying to get people to sing- and filing. I felt bad for her, so I volunteered. The handed me a lyric sheet, popped in a cassette, and I belted out...wait for it......

MAME Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Hey, she had maybe 40 songs to work with!
JoeChartreuse
JoeChartreuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Miller Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:11 am

Have always loved working with wood and still do a piece every now and then.

Also have a new (old) hobby although I got out of building bikes almost 20 years ago I recently started on a restoration project (the raw material shown in my avatar) and have also picked up a couple of more that I will begin on when the "Butcher" is finished.

At one time (up until about 5 years ago) I was an avid reader, King, Koontz, Riceboroughs, etc. but since my eyes began to fail I have not done so much (I get major headaches now).

Life long Hobby was Shooting Sports (mostly benchrest and long range benchrest) but again this is something that depends on eyesight, so it has fallen by the wayside as well.
Steve Miller
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:49 am

JoeC,
My grandson that just returned from Okinawa studied sho-ren-du(sp?). He is upset that he can not find a DoJo here for that style. Love me some Anne Rice...prefer the Witching Hour series over her vampire novels but love the way she travels in time and location. I read around 6 novels a week.

Steve,
if you miss reading you may want to borrow a e-reader.....being able to increase typeset has helped with my eye problems (oh and Joe the sony readers are very easy to read anywhere)....I can't shoot worth a damn as I am left eye'd and right handed (hot shells burn).

I am glad to be getting to know everyone Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeChartreuse Thu May 24, 2012 4:42 am

kjathena wrote:JoeC,
....I can't shoot worth a damn as I am left eye'd and right handed (hot shells burn).

I'm right-eyed and LEFT handed. Even a doctor can't read my handwriting. I shoot a rifle righty but a pistol lefty. Pool is shot righty, a bow shot lefty. Darts are lefty, as are any thrown weapon ( knives. shuriken, double axe).
JoeChartreuse
JoeChartreuse

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 am

JoeChartreuse wrote:
kjathena wrote:JoeC,
....I can't shoot worth a damn as I am left eye'd and right handed (hot shells burn).

I'm right-eyed and LEFT handed. Even a doctor can't read my handwriting. I shoot a rifle righty but a pistol lefty. Pool is shot righty, a bow shot lefty. Darts are lefty, as are any thrown weapon ( knives. shuriken, double axe).
I write righty, throw lefty, catch better lefty, am stronger on my left side, play guitar righty, bowl lefty, bat better from the left, but can hit righty.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeChartreuse Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Steve Miller wrote:
At one time (up until about 5 years ago) I was an avid reader, King, Koontz, Riceboroughs, etc. but since my eyes began to fail I have not done so much (I get major headaches now).

Steve, this is when the Luddite breaks character and HIGHLY recommends the Kindle e-reader. It can display the largest fonts of all E-readers, and has been a help to relatives who have the same problem you do!

You can get it for under $100. If you pay a one time charge of $50 you get Whispernet forever. This enables you to work completely free of a PC, doing all business ( registration, account, and downloads) direct with no further communication fees. Whispernet is purpose dedicated just for this.

You can read again, Steve, with no headaches or eyestrain. I truly hope that you give it a try... bounce
JoeChartreuse
JoeChartreuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Centerdriver Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:17 pm

I like to fish, scuba, entertain people, and cook. The fishing explains the user name. I drag a 20' center console Kenner (get it, center console, centerdriver) with us where ever the contracts take us. My boat trailer has more miles on it than most peoples car. I was lucky enough, the second time around, to marry a woman who would rather fish and go out dancing with me than eat at a 5 star restaurant. We get along great, and she gets a swelled head everytime I get on a mic. Love her to pieces.
Scuba because of the beauty and the nartural silence (except the bubbles). Just like free falling, you are totally out there. Hard to explaine if you have never done it.
Entertain people, cuz I love to see the smiles of recoginiton of the song, the thanks, the "damn your good" hand shakes and to see people laugh cuz I like to perform, not just stand there with a mic. Whether it's on a stage, or sitting round the fire pit with the guitar, I enjoy doing it, cuz people like it. When it quits being fun and enjoyable for all concerned, I will quit doing it.
Cook because I have to eat. Since I have to eat, I like to eat good. I like what I fix to be wonderful tasteing. I learnd from grandma, mom, people all over the world while I was in service, and watching the network. If you go away from my place hungry, it'll be your own dang fault.
I would put in motorcycles, but I have not had one in 12 years, but looking for like a Yamaha 1300 cruiser. The wife misses riding with me, but not as much as I miss rideing. Also it would be a lot cheaper to pull than the boat.
That's about it. Nice to get to know all of ya. Now you know a little bit more about me and mine.
Centerdriver
Centerdriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down