Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compuhost.

4 posters

Go down

Compuhost. Empty Compuhost.

Post  Steve Miller Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:37 am

I am looking at getting the "new" hard drive system from Chartbuster and would like some once overs on the funtion of Compuhost from someone who uses it.
Steve Miller
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Compuhost. Empty Re: Compuhost.

Post  Dan Gaines Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Fairly easy to use out of the box. You first have to enter your singer into the que. The program will then ask you for a song selection which you either choose song list or history or type in your song id, whether you're using the id supplied by Compuhost or the manufacturer's id does not matter, hit retrieve and it should fill in the artist and song title for you. I prefer the id method at this time because I have found that the search is rather sensitive to spelling when searching through the search window. If I know the singer has sung it before I automatically choose history.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Miller Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Dan,

But it will do searches by title and artist as well correct?
Steve Miller
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Gaines Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Steve Miller wrote:Dan,

But it will do searches by title and artist as well correct?
Yes. It also has search as you type where as you type it generates a list of matching songs to what's being typed. as long as you have it on contains and not begins with you can type elv all shook and it should give you - Elvis - All Shook Up.

Dan Gaines
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Miller Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:07 am

Thanks Danny.
Steve Miller
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumbolt Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey Steve, Compuhost works very well and smooth in operation. The search features allow you to type in the artist of song title. It will also narrow the search if you specify the song then the artist in the querry. Songs load fast and the history feature allow you to bring up history so your regulars think they are special. Well worth the expense.
Rumbolt
Rumbolt

http://Hkinney@goodsoundsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Compuhost. Empty Excellant Software solution

Post  Jhonr Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:23 am

I 2nd the opinion..very smooth in operation, loaded with those 'nice to have' features that most KJ's would find useful when performing as well. Love the simplified 'scrolling' marque that fades out when a song plays..then fades back in to let the next singer in rotation knows who's next. Great investment/great value. Plus the fact that you have access to ALL of CB's current/past songs..without having to buy CDG's each month (6 pack/8 pack/15 song ProDisk) that maybe 1 or 2 get's sung..buy just what your singer wants (if you don't already have it in your files).
Hope this helps those who are comptempating moving over to the ProMediaHD. Wished SC would have done the same..then we would have the best of Both worlds from the mans..
Jhonr
Jhonr
Jhonr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sounds-Great-DJ-Karaoke-Light-Show

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down