Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from HarringtonLaw

3 posters

Go down

Greetings from HarringtonLaw Empty Greetings from HarringtonLaw

Post  HarringtonLaw Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:50 pm

My name is James Harrington. I am one of the attorneys who represent Slep-Tone Entertainment Corporation in trademark infringement and other litigation around the U.S.

I'm here at rumbolt's kind invitation. I have spent several months chatting with people at the Karaoke Scene forum on various topics related to the litigation. I recognize some of the names here from my time there. My primary purpose in posting there--and here--is to provide reliable information regarding the litigation and our enforcement activities.

A few notes:

1. While I speak for Slep-Tone in court, what I say here may or may not reflect the official position of the company. That is, what I say is always subject to being countermanded by my client. Most of the time that's not an issue, but if you have any questions about it, please ask.
2. I try not to speak specifically about pending cases. Sometimes that's unavoidable, particularly when it is necessary to correct misunderstandings or incorrect information. I will, as a rule, speak generally or based upon hypotheticals, where appropriate.
3. I do not represent Slep-Tone in every case. There are able attorneys representing my client in various places around the country. While we do consult with each other periodically, I am not up to date on every case, every day.
4. If you have questions, however, I am more than happy to try to answer them as best I can. Sometimes I will not be able to answer because I don't know the answer. Other times it will be because I am not at liberty to speak about an issue. I will generally let you know which is the case.
5. I'm a busy attorney, so I don't necessarily check the karaoke boards every day and may not see every post that is directed to me. If you believe I ought to comment on something, please feel free to hit me with a personal message.
6. Finally, although I am reasonably experienced in litigation, particularly as it relates to intellectual property matters, you should not necessarily take what I say as gospel truth. There are many matters on which even the most learned minds in the law disagree. I am not here to offer advice to anyone, and no one should take my words as legal advice. I represent Slep-Tone, not you.

About me: I am (presently) a solo practitioner based in Concord, North Carolina. I have been a practicing attorney for a little over 10 years, and the last seven have been as the owner of my own firm. I earned my J.D. from Georgetown in 2001; my undergraduate degree, a bachelor's degree in physics, came from the University of Arkansas in 1998. In addition to litigating, I am registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in patent cases, and I've written about 25 patents over the last 10 years.

I look forward to chatting with all of you about topics of interest to the industry.

HarringtonLaw

Back to top Go down

Greetings from HarringtonLaw Empty Re: Greetings from HarringtonLaw

Post  kjathena Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:09 pm

welcome to our board where truths are not censored cheers

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumbolt Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:04 am

Thank you and welcome Mr. Harrington. Enjoy our forum! I am sure there will be questions and comments directed towards and feel free to answer at your leasure.
Rumbolt
Rumbolt

http://Hkinney@goodsoundsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum