What the hell just happened!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Well, I was finally able to make a purchase today, $275 for 1000 rounds of 30-06 brass, another $200 for 5 pounds of IMR4350, $200 for a bulk box of Hornady 140 grain hollow points, thank goodness the primers were only $30 for 1000 . The range was dead no one was doing any practicing.

At least I am well stocked for the 7MM, the .300 Weatherby, 12 gauge, 9MM and now the 06, all I need now is a bulk buy on 22 caliber.
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Leopard Lizard on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Don't forget to put the 5 pound attack dog on full alert--you know the one the local govt. has deemed "dangerous." Actually, I had a drunk guy try to get into my car after I finished loading out after a show. I told him I didn't have room and pointed to the Pit Bull type sitting in the front seat. He said, "Oh, dogs love me" and started to try to get the door open until he saw the Chihuahua sitting next to the Pit Bull type. Scared him away immediately.

Now that you are prepared, I'm just trying to imagine the world to come where the only ones left are Thunder, Hank Jr. and Ted Nugent all sitting around the fire singing "A Country Boy Can Survive."

Leopard Lizard
member

Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Leopard Lizard wrote:Don't forget to put the 5 pound attack dog on full alert--you know the one the local govt. has deemed "dangerous." Actually, I had a drunk guy try to get into my car after I finished loading out after a show. I told him I didn't have room and pointed to the Pit Bull type sitting in the front seat. He said, "Oh, dogs love me" and started to try to get the door open until he saw the Chihuahua sitting next to the Pit Bull type. Scared him away immediately.

Now that you are prepared, I'm just trying to imagine the world to come where the only ones left are Thunder, Hank Jr. and Ted Nugent all sitting around the fire singing "A Country Boy Can Survive."

He weighs in at 13 pounds now!, I still have to keep him leashed and away from people. He is now a proud papa, but he don't like his own kids either!

I think there will be plenty of people who will survive but I do believe there is going to be a major thinning of the herd.
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Leopard Lizard on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:24 pm

The country boys won't have much fun unless some country girls survive, too.

Leopard Lizard
member

Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Leopard Lizard wrote:The country boys won't have much fun unless some country girls survive, too.


That's ok L&L they will all have each other, right? Hey Thunder when you pass on who you going to leave your arsenal to the national guard? It would be a pity to have all that stockpiled and never even use one round of it for what you think is coming. Isn't that what they say though all life is a preparation for death.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:12 am

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Leopard Lizard wrote:The country boys won't have much fun unless some country girls survive, too.


That's ok L&L they will all have each other, right? Hey Thunder when you pass on who you going to leave your arsenal to the national guard? It would be a pity to have all that stockpiled and never even use one round of it for what you think is coming. Isn't that what they say though all life is a preparation for death.

My wife, my daughter and my two grand daughters. My wife, daughter and the oldest grand daughter are already excellent shots. My daughter has been shooting since she was 5 years old and was competing in 1000 yard matches from the time she was 10. My oldest grand daughter has been shooting 22 since the age of 5 (same gun her mother started out on a 22 Cricket),.243 at 8, 7 mag at 10 she is now 12 and can hit a gallon milk jug at 700 yards within 2 shots. My wife can put 10 shots all in kill zones on a torso target at 20 yards in rapid fire with her Beretta 9mm. My newest grand daughter is only three but when she turns five she will be plinking with the Cricket.

You just can't figure it out can you, everyone in my family is capable of taking game for food, the guns are dual purpose, protection as well as putting food on the table. While my older grand daughter won't gut and skin out a deer my wife and daughter don't have a second thought about doing it.

My stepson, his wife and kids are a different story, but then they both think Obama is doing the right thing.
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:06 am

Steve Miller wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Leopard Lizard wrote:The country boys won't have much fun unless some country girls survive, too.


That's ok L&L they will all have each other, right? Hey Thunder when you pass on who you going to leave your arsenal to the national guard? It would be a pity to have all that stockpiled and never even use one round of it for what you think is coming. Isn't that what they say though all life is a preparation for death.

My wife, my daughter and my two grand daughters. My wife, daughter and the oldest grand daughter are already excellent shots. My daughter has been shooting since she was 5 years old and was competing in 1000 yard matches from the time she was 10. My oldest grand daughter has been shooting 22 since the age of 5 (same gun her mother started out on a 22 Cricket),.243 at 8, 7 mag at 10 she is now 12 and can hit a gallon milk jug at 700 yards within 2 shots. My wife can put 10 shots all in kill zones on a torso target at 20 yards in rapid fire with her Beretta 9mm. My newest grand daughter is only three but when she turns five she will be plinking with the Cricket.

You just can't figure it out can you, everyone in my family is capable of taking game for food, the guns are dual purpose, protection as well as putting food on the table. While my older grand daughter won't gut and skin out a deer my wife and daughter don't have a second thought about doing it.



My stepson, his wife and kids are a different story, but then they both think Obama is doing the right thing.

Cool You're the one who hasn't figured it out Thunder. It is quite different to shoot at some targets, and animals v.s. being in a combat situation where it is kill or be killed. Until on of your little army has to kill a human you don't know if they will? If they hesitate for just a fraction of a second it could mean the difference between life and death. It takes a certain kind of person to be a solider not everyone today is equipped for it, that is why only 1% of our current population is fighting the present wars. Out of a population of over 300 million, about 3 million are in the service and potentially veterans. Once we had a draft and large numbers of average citizens were trained to be military personnel. Today our veterans organizations are looking for new members because this supply of old veterans is constantly dwindling. In my dad's generation nearly every able bodied male was under arms and trained. That is what makes the difference between an army and an armed rabble, training and discipline. So if you are going to rely on these troops Steve you better get with your training program, according to you time is short.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 pm

You are correct!

French revolution armed rabble against trained military!

American Revolution armed rabble against trained military (the elite of the world at that time)!

Chinese revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Russian revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Iranian revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Libyan revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Syrian revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Cuban revolution armed rabble against trained military!

What do the vast majority of the above now have in common?

"American Military" = we the people!

Do you really think it takes much thought to use a weapon to defend yourself and or your family? Ask the 8 year old, the 11 year old, the 15 year old, or the mothers, fathers, grand fathers, grand mothers, brothers, and sisters who have done so. It's an instinct of preservation that someone either has or doesn't have. Most people have it unless it has been "trained" out of them.
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Steve Miller wrote:You are correct!

French revolution armed rabble against trained military!

American Revolution armed rabble against trained military (the elite of the world at that time)!

Chinese revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Russian revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Iranian revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Libyan revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Syrian revolution armed rabble against trained military!

Cuban revolution armed rabble against trained military!

What do the vast majority of the above now have in common?

"American Military" = we the people!

Do you really think it takes much thought to use a weapon to defend yourself and or your family? Ask the 8 year old, the 11 year old, the 15 year old, or the mothers, fathers, grand fathers, grand mothers, brothers, and sisters who have done so. It's an instinct of preservation that someone either has or doesn't have. Most people have it unless it has been "trained" out of them.







Cool This is so much baloney Steve even the most famous founding father George Washington realized to win he needed trained troops. What do you think the Prussian Baron Von Stubben was doing at Valley Forge he was busy training an army. The French Mob succeed during their revolution because the regular army joined them. They were fighting the King's German and Swiss hirelings all of these examples include the Army and in some cases the Navy revolting before the untrained civilians could triumph. The American military is no longer a citizen Army it is professional volunteer force. How much military training have you had Thunder, have you even had basic? Unless there is a complete meltdown of all civil law and order, the idea of some type of untrained militia winning a war against a well trained well equipped army is just wishful thinking. During WWII the French and the Russians had partisans and they did run interference, but it still took professional boots on the ground to win the war. Do you really think at what 58 you are up to going toe to toe with a Navy Seal, don't make me laugh. Or better yet some real bad guys German SS, ones that don't play by any rule book, and shoot prisoners. One thing all these revolutions have in common once the fighting was over someone formed a government and established a standing army.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Apparently you don't know your history! Look it up and see what the turning point of the American revolutionary war was and who was involved in the devastating defeat of the British army. Start by checking out the "mountain people" in the revolutionary war. (HINT) it wasn't Washington's army!

Do you really think that at 58 I have to be up to or equal to a navy seal? I truly believe that 75 to 90% of the American Military will side with their friends and families not against them, add in 75% of the police forces, 95% of the National Guard. There will be a total break down in the military command as well. But then that is why the UN is training to come into the U.S. and take over (which is why they want the guns taken away from American Citizens).
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:12 am

Steve Miller wrote:Apparently you don't know your history! Look it up and see what the turning point of the American revolutionary war was and who was involved in the devastating defeat of the British army. Start by checking out the "mountain people" in the revolutionary war. (HINT) it wasn't Washington's army!

Do you really think that at 58 I have to be up to or equal to a navy seal? I truly believe that 75 to 90% of the American Military will side with their friends and families not against them, add in 75% of the police forces, 95% of the National Guard. There will be a total break down in the military command as well. But then that is why the UN is training to come into the U.S. and take over (which is why they want the guns taken away from American Citizens).

Cool So is that where the black helicopters come in Thunder, really? That is what you are buying into? All I got to say is heaven help mankind, forget the country! You guys have just flushed that away.









1

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:48 am

Oh you mean like these four running gun exercises in downtown Miami?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4MnhWlnMQ

or perhaps Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvfpcpGwJjo

or Atlanta

or LA

or New Orleans

or New York City

or Charlotte

What do you really think these exercises are preparation for?
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 am

Steve Miller wrote:Oh you mean like these four running gun exercises in downtown Miami?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4MnhWlnMQ

or perhaps Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvfpcpGwJjo

or Atlanta

or LA

or New Orleans

or New York City

or Charlotte

What do you really think these exercises are preparation for?

Hopefully for emergency situations like earthquake or hurricane, since Katrina showed how woefully unprepared we are for any type of major emergency, either the act of God or man made.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Yeah practice runs with machine guns on city traffic, that's the ticket! LOL

These exercises and ones like them have been taking place since 1994 (or earlier 1994 was the first time I heard about them) when they were setting up heli landing sites out in the woods in the middle of nowhereville.

But the point of this thread is not about the "BLACK HELICOPTERS" or "TANKS" or "BRADLEYS" or U.N. TROOPS that are being located and trained in urban assault in U.S. cities around this country, it was about the availability (or lack) of and cost of Ammo, ammo supplies and guns on dealer shelves around and in areas of the country.
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Steve Miller wrote:Yeah practice runs with machine guns on city traffic, that's the ticket! LOL

These exercises and ones like them have been taking place since 1994 (or earlier 1994 was the first time I heard about them) when they were setting up heli landing sites out in the woods in the middle of nowhereville.

But the point of this thread is not about the "BLACK HELICOPTERS" or "TANKS" or "BRADLEYS" or U.N. TROOPS that are being located and trained in urban assault in U.S. cities around this country, it was about the availability (or lack) of and cost of Ammo, ammo supplies and guns on dealer shelves around and in areas of the country.

Cool It don't bother me one bit if I don't have enough ammo or weapons to take on the government. If you were watching the hearings even Lindsey Graham said he supported the 2nd amendment, but was not in favor of armed citizens taking on the Army. You have weapons to hunt with, and protect your family, you don't need to be thinking about confronting the government unless you are really paranoid. I have no problems with legitimate use of the 2nd amendment, it is not an absolute. The militia envisioned by the founding fathers was to be added to the standing army in times of need. We only had militia primarily facing the British army in the War of 1812, and Washington D.C. was burned. How come your mob didn't clean up on that occasion Thunder. According to you they should have kicked butt. There has always been a reluctance to have a large standing army in this country until WWII. After that time things changed, and we have had the largest, best equipped military money could buy. The days Thunder of the militia's fighting Indians on the frontier are long passed and it's counter part today the National Guard is more full time force now, than it has ever been.


Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm

You really aren't very familiar with the second amendment are you? Or the writings and position papers of Adams, Jefferson, Franklin and many others as to what their actual positions and thoughts were on the subject of an armed citizenry.

Thomas Jefferson: ”What country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson, proposed Virginia constitution, June 1776. Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C. J. Boyd, Ed., 1950)

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." --Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in "On Crimes and Punishment", 1764

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny --Thomas Jefferson

"And what country can preserve it's liberties, if the rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take up arms. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson, Letter to William S. Smith, 1787

"The Constitution of most of our states, and the United States, assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves: that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press." Thomas Jefferson, Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776

Samuel Adams

"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: first, a right to life, secondly to liberty, thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can." --Samuel Adams

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." --Samuel Adams, During the Massachusetts U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

Benjamin Franklin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), reply of the Pennsylvania Assembly to the governor, November 11, 1755 <<later, motto of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania, c. 1759>>

Noah Webster

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. the supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States." --Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principles of the federal Constitution (1787) in Pamphlets to the Constitution of the United States (P. Ford, 1888).

Tench Coxe

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" --Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms." Tench Coxe, in "Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution." Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789

John Adams

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at the individual discretion, in private self-defense." John Adams, A Defense of the Constitutions of Government of the United States of America, 1787-88

Alexander Hamilton

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-8

Richard Henry Lee

"A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves and include all men capable of bearing arms. To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights. Additional Letters From the Federal Farmer 53, 1788

Patrick Henry

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Every man who is able may have a gun." --Patrick Henry, During Virginia's ratification convention, 1788

James Madison

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison, The Federalist No. 46

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of people, trained in arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." --James Madison, I Annuals of Congress 434 (June 8, 1789)

George Mason

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." --George Mason, during Virginia's ratification convention, 1788

Thomas Paine

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived the use of them." --Thomas Paine, Thoughts on Defensive War, 1775

George Washington

"A free people ought to be armed. When firearms go, all goes, we need them by the hour. Firearms stand next to importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence." --George Washington, Boston Independence Chronicle, January 14, 1790

"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." --George Washington, The Federalist No. 53



Constitutional Scholars

"In recent years it has been suggested that the Second Amendment protects the 'collective' rights of the states to maintain militias, while it does not protect the right of 'the people' to keep and bear arms. If anyone entertained this notion in the period during which the Constitution and Bill of Rights were debated and ratified, it remains one of the most closely guarded secrets of the 18th century, for no known writing surviving from the period between 1787 and 1791 states such a thesis" --Stephen P. Halbrook, highly repected Constitutional scholar

"The states' rights reading puts great weight on the word 'militia', but this word appears only in the Amendment's subordinate clause {for those of you who know something about grammer, the text of the Second Amendment fully supports the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms}. The ultimate right to keep and bear arms belongs to 'the people' not 'the states.' As the language of the Tenth Amendment shows, these two are of course not identical when the constitution means 'states' it says so. Thus as noted above, 'the people' at the core of the Second Amendment are the same 'people' at the heart of the Preamble and the First Amendment, namely citizens." --Akil Amar, PhD, Professor of Law, Yale University, and highly respected Constitutional scholar

"For the point to be made with respect to Congress and the Second Amendment is that the essential claim advanced by the NRA with respect to the Second Amendment is extremely strong. The conservative role of the NRA today, like the role of the ACLU in the 1920's with respect to the First Amendment, ought itself not to be dismissed lightly" William Van Alstyne, PhD, Professor of Law, Duke University, highly respected Constitutional scholar



The 103rd Congress

"The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner" United States Senate Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee Report on the Constitution, February, 1992



One Southern Tenet

"...[G]overnment being instituted for the common benefit, the doctrine of non-resistance against arbitrary power and oppression is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind." --Tennessee State Constitution, Article 1, Section 2



Comments by Various Individuals

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one" --Jesus Christ, Luke Ch 22:36

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace" --Luke Ch 11:21-22

"Quemadmoeum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands.") --Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD)

"False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm those only who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." --Cesare Beccaria, 1764, "On Crimes and Punishment"

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." --Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right'. Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work." --Clarissa in _The Probability Broach_, L.N. Smith

"{This} government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen" --Warren vs District of Columbia, 444 A.2nd 1 (D.C. App. 181)

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." --Charles A. Beard

" Gun control provides for a safer working environment for criminals" --the Deputy Chief of Police, Washington, DC ( which by the way has the most restrictive gun laws in the country, and the highest crime rate)

ARE YOU A MENACE TO CRIMINALS? If householders were required by law to own and know how to use revolvers, burglary would cease. It is an act of good citizenship to make crime dangerous -- an encouragement of crime to remain defenseless. --from an Iver Johnson revolver ad, circa 1904

"Like savages who believe that every misfortune results from their failure to do enough to please the gods, modern western culture believes every tragedy results from its failure to legislate enough". --Andy Barniskis

"Be very afraid of a government that fears its people." --Buck Hunter (buckhntr@ix.netcom.com) in rec.hunting on 1 Mar 96

"... Only Tyrants and Criminals need fear an armed citizen."

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"–("If you want peace, prepare for war") --an old saying

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  smoothedge69 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:53 am

There is no provision for AK-47s or AR-15s. In those days they had muskets. Are we allowed nukes under the second amendment?? Those are considered arms. We aren't allowed to have machine guns. Why is that?? Too many rounds fired at once. Well semi-autos aren't much better. They need to go. Nobody wants to ban your pistols and rifles.
avatar
smoothedge69
member

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 50
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 am

smoothedge69 wrote:There is no provision for AK-47s or AR-15s. In those days they had muskets. Are we allowed nukes under the second amendment?? Those are considered arms. We aren't allowed to have machine guns. Why is that?? Too many rounds fired at once. Well semi-autos aren't much better. They need to go. Nobody wants to ban your pistols and rifles.

Actually you are incorrect, in those days the hunters, trappers and the woodsmen for the most part had more sophisticated weapons than the military. Military powers were still using smooth bore muskets because they were easier and quicker to produce, and faster to load a charge into, rifled bore muskets were much more complicated to produce harder to charge but had a longer range and a much higher accuracy potential.

How fast can you shot a semi auto weapon, acurately?

How fast can you shot a single shot weapon accurately?

How fast can a semi auto pistol be fired?

How fast can a single action revolver be fired?

What is a single action revolver?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hka-Y8uZkx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDoMgV08HuY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vl9FniemlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTHc4H_i8DY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTHc4H_i8DY

So when you know what shooting is you might just change your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfHqzlCPgS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03qtXpoObfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ZIU9fhZyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5cTo4nn_ds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKtFWfVS8MQ

10 rounds 19 seconds.

I have seen 1000 yard benchrest shooters (Requires single shot action guns no magazines, so each bullet has to be loaded ) put 10 rounds on target in 11 seconds, personally I have done 10 in 28 seconds on target but then I am not a rapid fire shooter. Gary McGee was the Virginia State Junior champ at 15 and it was his 11 second target that put him over the top. This is shooting at a 3 inch bull at over 1/2 mile.
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 am

Cool So Thunder this brings me back to the question of how much military training have you had? How many people have you killed, in self defense? Have you ever been in combat or a firefight? See you are all dealing with theory, until you are actually placed in a combat situation you don't know how you or any of your family members are going to react. Hopefully you won't spring some kind of an ambush and end up shooting each other in the confusion. If someone else gets the drop on you good luck. That is why everyone running around out back in your woods can be a scarey thing. True if you are confronted with persons on the same experience and skill level as your self, you might have a chance. Just remember in that kind of a situation you only have a split second to make life and death decisions. Any type of a wound could be fatal, since if everything has fallen apart, medical services will also be disrupted, hope you don't have any vital medications that need to be refilled. That is why the young and healthy have the best chance of survival overall. Have a blessed day.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:35 am

Steve Miller wrote:Apparently you don't know your history! Look it up and see what the turning point of the American revolutionary war was and who was involved in the devastating defeat of the British army. Start by checking out the "mountain people" in the revolutionary war. (HINT) it wasn't Washington's army!

Do you really think that at 58 I have to be up to or equal to a navy seal? I truly believe that 75 to 90% of the American Military will side with their friends and families not against them, add in 75% of the police forces, 95% of the National Guard. There will be a total break down in the military command as well. But then that is why the UN is training to come into the U.S. and take over (which is why they want the guns taken away from American Citizens).

Cool I think you should be the one the read your history Thunder, the final major victory was at Yorktown. The French fleet cut the British off by sea and a retrained American Army, along with French professional soldiers cut them off by land. Have a nice day.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Leopard Lizard on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 pm

The original premise of Thunder's thread is playing out--just read that Wal Mart is limiting the purchase of ammo to three boxes a day due to short supplies.

Leopard Lizard
member

Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:58 pm

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Steve Miller wrote:Apparently you don't know your history! Look it up and see what the turning point of the American revolutionary war was and who was involved in the devastating defeat of the British army. Start by checking out the "mountain people" in the revolutionary war. (HINT) it wasn't Washington's army!

Do you really think that at 58 I have to be up to or equal to a navy seal? I truly believe that 75 to 90% of the American Military will side with their friends and families not against them, add in 75% of the police forces, 95% of the National Guard. There will be a total break down in the military command as well. But then that is why the UN is training to come into the U.S. and take over (which is why they want the guns taken away from American Citizens).

Cool I think you should be the one the read your history Thunder, the final major victory was at Yorktown. The French fleet cut the British off by sea and a retrained American Army, along with French professional soldiers cut them off by land. Have a nice day.

Again with the comprehension problem. "Turning point" versus "Final victory"!

The French didn't come in until it was apparent that the colonies were winning.
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 am

Steve Miller wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Steve Miller wrote:Apparently you don't know your history! Look it up and see what the turning point of the American revolutionary war was and who was involved in the devastating defeat of the British army. Start by checking out the "mountain people" in the revolutionary war. (HINT) it wasn't Washington's army!

Do you really think that at 58 I have to be up to or equal to a navy seal? I truly believe that 75 to 90% of the American Military will side with their friends and families not against them, add in 75% of the police forces, 95% of the National Guard. There will be a total break down in the military command as well. But then that is why the UN is training to come into the U.S. and take over (which is why they want the guns taken away from American Citizens).

Cool I think you should be the one the read your history Thunder, the final major victory was at Yorktown. The French fleet cut the British off by sea and a retrained American Army, along with French professional soldiers cut them off by land. Have a nice day.

Again with the comprehension problem. "Turning point" versus "Final victory"!

The French didn't come in until it was apparent that the colonies were winning.

Cool Here's a little history lesson for you Thunder, the actual turning point of the American Revolution happened at the battles of Saratoga in the fall of 1777. Look it up on Battles of Saratoga Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The victory achieved here caused the foreign powers France and Spain to aide the colonies in their final victory. Have a nice day.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Steve Miller on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Try the battle of Trenton!

The Battle of King's Mountain
by C. Hammett, Coordinator
Tennesseans in the Revolutionary War

King's Mountain is unique in America's history: This battle fought by 1,000 plus militiamen—without orders, formal military training, uniforms or provisions, and with no promise of pay—against the supposedly “superior forces” of noted English Col. Patrick Ferguson—is credited by most early historians with having changed the course of the Revolution in the South, and may have even insured that the original number of colonies in these United States of America would be thirteen, not ten.

Kings Mountain was a pivotal moment in the history of the American Revolution. Coming after a series of disasters and humiliations in the Carolinas—the fall of Charleston and capture of the American army there, the destruction of another American army at the Battle of Camden, the Waxhaws Massacre—the surprising, decisive victory at Kings Mountain was a great boost to Patriot morale. The Tories of the Carolina Back Country were broken as a military force. Additionally, the destruction of Ferguson's command and the looming threat of Patriot militia in the mountains caused Lord Cornwallis to cancel his plans to invade North Carolina; he instead evacuated Charlotte and retreated to South Carolina. He would not return to North Carolina until early 1781, when he was chasing Nathanael Greene after the Americans had dealt British arms another devastating defeat at the Battle of Cowpens.

In The Winning of the West, Theodore Roosevelt wrote of Kings Mountain, "This brilliant victory marked the turning point of the American Revolution." Thomas Jefferson called it, "The turn of the tide of success." Herbert Hoover's address at Kings Mountain said, "This is a place of inspiring memories. Here less than a thousand men, inspired by the urge of freedom, defeated a superior force intrenched in this strategic position. This small band of Patriots turned back a dangerous invasion well designed to separate and dismember the united Colonies. It was a little army and a little battle, but it was of mighty portent. History has done scant justice to its significance, which rightly should place it beside Lexington, Bunker Hill, Trenton and Yorktown." In 1931, the Congress of the United States created the Kings Mountain National Military Park on the site of the battle. The park headquarters is in Blacksburg, South Carolina, and hosts hundreds of thousands of people each year
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  The Lone Ranger on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:08 am

Steve Miller wrote:Try the battle of Trenton!

The Battle of King's Mountain
by C. Hammett, Coordinator
Tennesseans in the Revolutionary War

King's Mountain is unique in America's history: This battle fought by 1,000 plus militiamen—without orders, formal military training, uniforms or provisions, and with no promise of pay—against the supposedly “superior forces” of noted English Col. Patrick Ferguson—is credited by most early historians with having changed the course of the Revolution in the South, and may have even insured that the original number of colonies in these United States of America would be thirteen, not ten.

Kings Mountain was a pivotal moment in the history of the American Revolution. Coming after a series of disasters and humiliations in the Carolinas—the fall of Charleston and capture of the American army there, the destruction of another American army at the Battle of Camden, the Waxhaws Massacre—the surprising, decisive victory at Kings Mountain was a great boost to Patriot morale. The Tories of the Carolina Back Country were broken as a military force. Additionally, the destruction of Ferguson's command and the looming threat of Patriot militia in the mountains caused Lord Cornwallis to cancel his plans to invade North Carolina; he instead evacuated Charlotte and retreated to South Carolina. He would not return to North Carolina until early 1781, when he was chasing Nathanael Greene after the Americans had dealt British arms another devastating defeat at the Battle of Cowpens.

In The Winning of the West, Theodore Roosevelt wrote of Kings Mountain, "This brilliant victory marked the turning point of the American Revolution." Thomas Jefferson called it, "The turn of the tide of success." Herbert Hoover's address at Kings Mountain said, "This is a place of inspiring memories. Here less than a thousand men, inspired by the urge of freedom, defeated a superior force intrenched in this strategic position. This small band of Patriots turned back a dangerous invasion well designed to separate and dismember the united Colonies. It was a little army and a little battle, but it was of mighty portent. History has done scant justice to its significance, which rightly should place it beside Lexington, Bunker Hill, Trenton and Yorktown." In 1931, the Congress of the United States created the Kings Mountain National Military Park on the site of the battle. The park headquarters is in Blacksburg, South Carolina, and hosts hundreds of thousands of people each year

Cool Maybe a turning points in the Southern campaign, the official turning point of the Revolutionary War, most scholars agree on is Saratoga.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hell just happened!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum