Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howdy out there !

5 posters

Go down

Howdy out there ! Empty Howdy out there !

Post  KJNTN Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Howdy !

Hope this forum ain't gonna be "pirate friendly" like that KS.

I don't like pirates and have been known to fire torpedos at their ships.

kjntn
KJNTN
KJNTN
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Howdy out there ! Empty Re: Howdy out there !

Post  InsaneKJ Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:34 pm

KJNTN wrote:Hope this forum ain't gonna be "pirate friendly" like that KS.

KS as in Karaoke Scene? affraid

Welcome KJNTN! I try to write out "Karaoke Scene" in it's entirety so the search engines will find these forums when people look for Karaoke Scene forums. This way, the public will find the truth! study
InsaneKJ
InsaneKJ

Back to top Go down

Howdy out there ! Empty KS isn't always Karaoke Scene

Post  Sound Choice Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:58 am

Hmm, Maybe Insane has a point regarding the initials "KS". While I have also been guilty of abreviating Karaoke Scene as KS, I surely wouldn't want my name Kurt Slep (sometimes known as "KS") to be wrongly confused with Karaoke Scene, LOL. Embarassed

Anyway, this is my first post here, but I'll be checking in from time to time. Unfortunately, I am too busy working to "slay pirates" and trying to level the playing field for honest and legal KJs to be able to spend much time here. I am sure that most of you would prefer that I spend my time vigorously fighting pirates in the field and not on-line. But several of you have a direct line to me if/when something needs to be answered or addressed here. As a matter of fact, I am working on a FAQ and information sheet on our Certification Process. I was asked to post it here before anywhere else (even our own Sound Choice site) and I agreed to do that. Hopefully mid-week (about Nov. 2 or 3rd).

Many Thanks to all the direct supporters of Sound Choice and supporters of the anti-piracy efforts everywhere.

KS Wink

Sound Choice

http://www.soundchoice.com

Back to top Go down

Howdy out there ! Empty [DELETED][DELETED]

Post  Troy Helenick Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:47 am

[DELETED]

Last edited by Troy Helenick on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Troy Helenick
Troy Helenick
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  KJNTN Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Sorry Mr. Slep, I surley did'nt mean you.
KJNTN
KJNTN
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Howdy out there ! Empty I know

Post  Sound Choice Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:37 pm

I know - I was making a "not to clear" joke. I am quite sure EVERYONE, especially the "Bigmouth 3" on KaraokeScene knows where I stand on piracy.

Sound Choice

Back to top Go down

Post  InsaneKJ Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Sound Choice wrote:Hmm, Maybe Insane has a point regarding the initials "KS".

I do know one thing where KS is common with Kurt Slep and Karaoke Scene. That would be the fact that several KJ advertisers in Karaoke Scene Magazine have been named in the recent California Lawsuit for trademark infrigement by Sound Choice in which Kurt Slep is CEO! One defendant in particular is Jeanette Erman, Karaoke Scene's KJ Of The Year 2011 for the Inland Empire!

Has anyone noticed that there has not been a mention of this on the Karaoke Scene Forum? scratch
InsaneKJ
InsaneKJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sound Choice Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:33 am

InsaneKJ wrote:
Has anyone noticed that there has not been a mention of this on the Karaoke Scene Forum? scratch

And you expected one? I am sure that most visitors to the Karaoke Scene Forum would notice the "Pirate Supporters" (or if anyone doesn't think that name is accurate, then perhaps you will accept "those against anti-piracy efforts" ) can dish out a lot of "stuff", but they have no words when things go against them.

Sound Choice

Back to top Go down

Howdy out there ! Empty Always Open to Practical and Better Solutions

Post  Sound Choice Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:55 am

DJ-Mace wrote:Welcome Kurt,

As you may or may not know, I am definitely NOT a fan of piracy... I am also not comfortable with the present solutions being "offered". I've got to complement you on the quality of your product, they're about the best out there...and once I satisfy myself about the issues I have with the "audit" processes and legalities, I will be purchasing more of your fine works.

Anyway... it's nice to see you here, viewing the opinions of the masses instead of cowering in your office like so many others seem to be doing. Again, Welcome!

Hey, as anyone who has read my posting on ODJT or OKJT should know, I always welcomed valid, realistic, practical solutions that might have a chance of actually being implimented (in a reasonably short time frame of 6 months or less). Such proposed "solutions" such as starting and having a government agency deal with Karaoke Piracy (JoeChartreuse solution) are just totally ridiculous. I am all open mind and eager ears to listen to alternate solutions that compensates the rights holders, eliminates piracy to a great extent, significantly reduces unfair competition for honest KJs and doesn't cost a fortune to impliment. I know that we certainly put on our "KJ" hat when considering the audit process and our overall "remedy" for piracy. Our first solution has been to put together 6000 of most of the best songs from our catalog and make them available (within the restrictions forced upon us by the publishers) in the MP3G format at a great price, while "forgiving" their past years of transgressions. From our standpoint, we can't get much more fair than that. But alas, when the pirates refuse to take advantage of that opportunity we have to go with "Plan B" - sue them into compliance. Even our settlements are at a ridiculously generous offer, given the level of eggregiousness of their actions.

So, as long as any other solutions are considered with thoughts of "what is fair to the karaoke producer" (i.e., create a fair and win-win solution for the party being harmed the most, i.e., the rights owners) Sound Choice, and I am sure Chartbuster and Stellar Records, would be very open to other ideas.

Given the parameters I have outlined here, this would be a great topic for a thread all its own. When the other members here are finished hashing it out, buzz me back and I'll chime in and see if it works for us.

Sound Choice

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumbolt Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:47 am

I have split this thread and moved the discussion of what is fair to new thread within "manu actions"
Rumbolt
Rumbolt

http://Hkinney@goodsoundsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum