Greetings From Roll Tide State!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings From Roll Tide State!

Post  Jhonr on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 am

That's right, Alabama Football is the number 1 thing in this state, right up there next to Karaoke!
I'm in central Alabama (south of Birmingham - Alabaster to be exact)...
I've just recently retired from one of those 'major' telcom's, and decided to make my 'part-time' job a new 2nd career. I've been hosting small time/part time KJ/DJ shows around here for a little while, and have collected alot of karaoke CDG music over the years. Electronics is my back ground, so when the PC base stuff came out, I experimented with the various software (katsdottie/roxbox, etc)..now I've signed on with CB's KJMedia Pro/CompuHost and really enjoy using their product to deliver a smooth running show! Now, once I get my audits completed (scheduled next week), I can stop scratching up my CDG's by switching to pure PC based shows! YEAH!
Anyway, I'm here to further my 'education' and to make dang sure that I can do my part to stay 1). LEGAL, and 2). Get the Pirates away from this industry!
Roll Tide!
SoundsGreat Karaoke/DJ
Jhonr

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sounds-Great-DJ-Karaoke-Light-Show

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings From Roll Tide State!

Post  kjathena on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Welcome Jhonr you have found a good place to gather info and maybe share some of your electronics knowledge as well

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Cleaning up Piracy in AL

Post  Sound Choice on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:28 am

Hello Jhonr:

I don't know if you are aware that Sound Choice has filed lawsuits against pirates in Birmingham and Mobile in the last few months. If you are new to the business, you might be shocked and disappointed at how little you can get paid for a show - maybe $75 - $100 - due to the piracy. Feel free to let us know (you can send in information on the "Report Piracy" link on the Sound Choice site) of any suspected pirates in your area. We'll do our best to help combat unfair competition from pirates in your area, but we need to have help "on the ground" in order to help you.

Sound Choice

http://www.soundchoice.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jhonr on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:47 am

Yes, I have already heard about SC efforts - from 2 different KJ's (apparently they were 'pirates') who are now out of business. And yes, I was able to pick up an extra night due to your efforts!..So, things are looking up for me and other legal KJ's in my immediate area!! As soon as I heard of the legal issues involved concerning doing a 'commercial' show, I immediately started searching for answers..that's why I'm here! Believe me when I say this..this isn't the first rodeo concerning 'legal'/illegal' operations that I've been involved in..as I'm sure everyone here can remember the DIRECT TV Signal interception era and all the lawsuits that prevailed from that activity taking place back on '04. Boy, was I educated!! So, I'm making sure that I stay LEGAL and above board in this new career I've choosen. In fact, ledigation is still on-going with that bunch. It's all the same..there are laws in this country that Everyone must follow in order to keep both sides of ANY industry happy and competition FAIR. So, with that said, you can expect my help in your efforts. And thank you for taking the time to post to me. I am hoping to hear from your Audit team today to complete my audit this week..then I can go out and start educating the venues in my area with the material I've printed off from the SafeHarbor site. Wink
Jhonr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sound Choice on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:01 am

Jhonr wrote:Yes, I have already heard about SC efforts - from 2 different KJ's (apparently they were 'pirates') who are now out of business. And yes, I was able to pick up an extra night due to your efforts!..So, things are looking up for me and other legal KJ's in my immediate area!!

This is the GOOD news that we want to spread around the country! I know that many of the pirate supporters are going ballistic saying that we are "destroying" karaoke in their area. Well, maybe "destroying" the pirates, that is. If 30-40% of the venues (all using pirate hosts) quit doing karaoke shows, I say "And the problem is??? To the contrary it's PERFECT!" That means that singers will migrate to the remaining legitimate shows, the extra business at those events will enable the host to charge more and the venue to pay the host more - and reverse the trend that happened due to the oversaturation of shows when illegal hosts started popping up everywhere.

Quite honestly, the "loss" of pirate hosts and the venues who will only hire cheap illegal hosts does not bother me one bit - it's one of the stated goals of our anti-piracy campaign. Neither karaoke producers who are being infringed nor legal hosts who have to deal with unfair competition are negatively impacted by the reduction of illegal shows if/when it happens.

Sound Choice

http://www.soundchoice.com

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas To All!

Post  Jhonr on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Just a quick note to all that I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas and a very Busy New Year in 2012! May GOD bless each of you and your families with HIS bountiful Mercy and Good Will All !!
Jhonr
Jhonr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top