So Quiet...................

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So Quiet...................

Post  smoothedge69 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 pm

It's been so quiet around here. Is there nothing going on in the Karaoke world?? Even Lone Ranger has been quiet. Strange.
avatar
smoothedge69
member

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 49
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  HarringtonLaw on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:08 pm

I took a few days off last week after our trial in Panama City, and I spent today catching up on stuff I didn't get done while I was gone to that trial.

HarringtonLaw
member

Posts : 340
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  Leopard Lizard on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:11 pm

How do you remember what city you are in when you wake up each morning?

Leopard Lizard
member

Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  Leopard Lizard on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Hey, Smooth, as much as we all may disagree on here, it was really nice of you to put aside any differences of opinion on "industry matters" and show concern for KJAthena when she was trapped by floods and having her cat pass away. You really showed a bit of class underneath all those rough edges.

Leopard Lizard
member

Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  smoothedge69 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Leopard Lizard wrote:Hey, Smooth, as much as we all may disagree on here, it was really nice of you to put aside any differences of opinion on "industry matters" and show concern for KJAthena when she was trapped by floods and having her cat pass away. You really showed a bit of class underneath all those rough edges.
Why thank you. It's just like politics. I don't hate those that I disagree with. I just disagree with them. Work and friends are two different things. There is one guy that I argue with on FB all the time. He is a STAUNCH Conservative, and I am a STAUNCH Liberal. We have gotten ugly on FB. He comes to my show or my friend's show, and we hang out and do shots together.
avatar
smoothedge69
member

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 49
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  HarringtonLaw on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:39 am

Leopard Lizard wrote:How do you remember what city you are in when you wake up each morning?

My cell phone has GPS and tells me. Very Happy

HarringtonLaw
member

Posts : 340
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  smoothedge69 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Another quiet day on this forum. Pretty quiet down the street, too. We need some new karaoke conspiracies to argue about. LOL.

How is everyone on this Friday The 13th.
avatar
smoothedge69
member

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 49
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  Steve Miller on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Just finished up a 6 - 10 private party, It was the Bon voyage party for VGT the company is moving to Tennessee, They really didn't need a DJ because I didn't have any funeral music.... this crowd was dead! But it was an easy $600 for sure. Very Happy
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  smoothedge69 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:03 am

Steve Miller wrote:Just finished up a 6 - 10 private party, It was the Bon voyage party for VGT the company is moving to Tennessee, They really didn't need a DJ because I didn't have any funeral music.... this crowd was dead! But it was an easy $600 for sure. Very Happy
You need to get Chopin's "Marcha Funebre" for nights like that. Nights with corpses at the tables are always fun. LOL.
avatar
smoothedge69
member

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 49
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  The Lone Ranger on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:39 am

Cool Things are so quite Bobby because this whole summit seems to have turned things around, and made many hosts reconsider their positions. I think it is becoming more and more evident that commercial karaoke is drifting, and really no firm direction has really been charted. If the current process was working it would seem that more interested hosts at least would become involved on these forums. This whole push towards cloud seems a last desperate effort by the surviving manus. From the polls I've seen on other forums the average host dislikes the concept for many reasons. Price seems to be the main obstacle, if you make it too high not enough will sign up, if you make it to low then it encourages a flood of hosts, further depressing the wages paid to hosts for shows, and lowering the quality of karaoke in general. All most hosts can do is take a wait and see approach, will the other viable manus implode, or will this cloud take off? It would seem the next six months will be critical. It really isn't necessary to write much more, I think my positions are quite well known, and it is not necessary to beat a dead horse. I just hope the dead horse were all beating is not the industry itself. It is nice to know that Steve can make big money for basically a milk run. Have a great day.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  Steve Miller on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:45 am

The Lone Ranger wrote: Cool Things are so quite Bobby because this whole summit seems to have turned things around, and made many hosts reconsider their positions. I think it is becoming more and more evident that commercial karaoke is drifting, and really no firm direction has really been charted. If the current process was working it would seem that more interested hosts at least would become involved on these forums. This whole push towards cloud seems a last desperate effort by the surviving manus. From the polls I've seen on other forums the average host dislikes the concept for many reasons. Price seems to be the main obstacle, if you make it too high not enough will sign up, if you make it to low then it encourages a flood of hosts, further depressing the wages paid to hosts for shows, and lowering the quality of karaoke in general. All most hosts can do is take a wait and see approach, will the other viable manus implode, or will this cloud take off? It would seem the next six months will be critical. It really isn't necessary to write much more, I think my positions are quite well known, and it is not necessary to beat a dead horse. I just hope the dead horse were all beating is not the industry itself. It is nice to know that Steve can make big money for basically a milk run. Have a great day.

Brian,

You ever stop to think it is quiet here as in most forums because it is summer time and private parties, weddings and corporate events are keeping people hopping, this is PRIME DJ season most of us are working.
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  The Lone Ranger on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:24 am

Steve Miller wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote: Cool Things are so quite Bobby because this whole summit seems to have turned things around, and made many hosts reconsider their positions. I think it is becoming more and more evident that commercial karaoke is drifting, and really no firm direction has really been charted. If the current process was working it would seem that more interested hosts at least would become involved on these forums. This whole push towards cloud seems a last desperate effort by the surviving manus. From the polls I've seen on other forums the average host dislikes the concept for many reasons. Price seems to be the main obstacle, if you make it too high not enough will sign up, if you make it to low then it encourages a flood of hosts, further depressing the wages paid to hosts for shows, and lowering the quality of karaoke in general. All most hosts can do is take a wait and see approach, will the other viable manus implode, or will this cloud take off? It would seem the next six months will be critical. It really isn't necessary to write much more, I think my positions are quite well known, and it is not necessary to beat a dead horse. I just hope the dead horse were all beating is not the industry itself. It is nice to know that Steve can make big money for basically a milk run. Have a great day.

Brian,

You ever stop to think it is quiet here as in most forums because it is summer time and private parties, weddings and corporate events are keeping people hopping, this is PRIME DJ season most of us are working.

I work also and still find time to at least check in, maybe that is because I have 2 months a year I do nothing. I don't really think that there is not much going on until the new cloud service starts up. I have heard no more about the Las Vegas suits, seems that has just fallen off the screen. You are right it's Summertime and the living is easy, catfish jumping, so why get worked up about anything. Just picked up my equipment and later today I will set up for this evening's show, life is indeed good. The best part is I don't have to look over my shoulder, I wish all the hosts could be in the same situation. The good ones probably are. Have A Great Day Steve.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  Steve Miller on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:06 pm

You see that is the difference between being a certified KJ and not, we are constantly updated on what is going on with the lawsuits, the difference is we all decided that it was pointless to share that information with those who choose to denigrate Sound Choice no matter what they do.
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  Leopard Lizard on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Well, it's back to snide remarks after people's posts on the "other" forum, this one is dominated by the same repition of someone's life's philosophys no matter what the topc and I'm too legal to get certified and be in on the "in" info so what the heck. Guess I should go out and be productive.

Leopard Lizard
member

Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  smoothedge69 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Steve and Brian, Must you two fight in EVERY thread?? Are you sure you aren't married??
avatar
smoothedge69
member

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 49
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  kjathena on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Bobby,
I think alot of it has to do with people being busy and waiting for info having to do with DT/PR. It is sometimes hard to keep saying the same things over and over to people who will not listen.....(not speaking of you). Sometimes I just take a break from all the negativity myself.

PS I dont think Brian and Steve could be in the same town for long without someone being in jail and the other in the hospital....like oil and water they are
Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Posts : 954
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 55
Location : Tampa Bay area Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  smoothedge69 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:01 pm

kjathena wrote:Bobby,
I think alot of it has to do with people being busy and waiting for info having to do with DT/PR. It is sometimes hard to keep saying the same things over and over to people who will not listen.....(not speaking of you). Sometimes I just take a break from all the negativity myself.

PS I dont think Brian and Steve could be in the same town for long without someone being in jail and the other in the hospital....like oil and water they are
Athena
They are like a couple of old Long Island Jewish ladies. We should call them Schlomit and Gila. They could be our new comedy team.
avatar
smoothedge69
member

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 49
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  smoothedge69 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Happy Saturday night. I am about to get ready to go do some singing.
avatar
smoothedge69
member

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 49
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  smoothedge69 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:36 am

Was a good Saturday night. I sang "Check My Brain" and "Rooster" from Alice in Chains, "Dirty deeds Done Dirt Cheap", "Still of the Night" from Whitesnake, and "Still Lovin' You" from Scorpions. Was having a pretty easy time. I think my throat is finally healing from all the colds and sinus crap I have been going through this year.
avatar
smoothedge69
member

Posts : 969
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 49
Location : Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  The Lone Ranger on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:15 am

smoothedge69 wrote:Steve and Brian, Must you two fight in EVERY thread?? Are you sure you aren't married??

I wasn't trying to start a fight smoothedge, in fact I was agreeing with Steve and basically going on about my business. It would seem that he always wants to make the reference that he or other hosts are privy to secret information. Really I doubt anything is happening right now that should concern hosts that have taken the proper precautions, and therefore have nothing to fear from the manus. If saying that I don't support the current process is wrong that is my choice, it would seem the majority of hosts have elected to stay non-certified. I don't agree with the way things are currently being handled, and I think there is a better way to solve the industry problems. I'm taking a wait and see approach about the Cloud service, since the details have been left out, and the finished product is not up and running yet. Have a Great Day Smoothedge.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  The Lone Ranger on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:42 am

Steve Miller wrote:You see that is the difference between being a certified KJ and not, we are constantly updated on what is going on with the lawsuits, the difference is we all decided that it was pointless to share that information with those who choose to denigrate Sound Choice no matter what they do.


Did It ever occur to you Steve they are only feeding you the information they think you want to hear, or they feel it is important you know? If they tell you everything then why was the summit and cloud such a shock to most certified hosts? Not to mention the total collapse of CB which came as a shock to all hosts, well almost all.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  Steve Miller on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:58 pm

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Steve Miller wrote:You see that is the difference between being a certified KJ and not, we are constantly updated on what is going on with the lawsuits, the difference is we all decided that it was pointless to share that information with those who choose to denigrate Sound Choice no matter what they do.


Did It ever occur to you Steve they are only feeding you the information they think you want to hear, or they feel it is important you know? If they tell you everything then why was the summit and cloud such a shock to most certified hosts? Not to mention the total collapse of CB which came as a shock to all hosts, well almost all.

You see this is why you are so funny.... I didn't say that we were consulted by the manus in the industry, I said we were updated. It falls the reader's intelligence to know the difference. Very Happy
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  The Lone Ranger on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Steve Miller wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Steve Miller wrote:You see that is the difference between being a certified KJ and not, we are constantly updated on what is going on with the lawsuits, the difference is we all decided that it was pointless to share that information with those who choose to denigrate Sound Choice no matter what they do.


Did It ever occur to you Steve they are only feeding you the information they think you want to hear, or they feel it is important you know? If they tell you everything then why was the summit and cloud such a shock to most certified hosts? Not to mention the total collapse of CB which came as a shock to all hosts, well almost all.

You see this is why you are so funny.... I didn't say that we were consulted by the manus in the industry, I said we were updated. It falls the reader's intelligence to know the difference. Very Happy

All this means is they don't tell you everything, so on some subjects you are just as in the dark as other hosts are Steve. There is no big advantage to knowing who they are going to sue, since it is not going to be you hopefully. The manus could decide without telling you all shifting of product is now prohibited period, then what are you going to go back to carrying the discs? Seems strange to me they don't update their loyal subjects on two of the most important changes prior to their happening. The collapse of CB and the new Cloud Service. Then again they only have to tell what they want to.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  Steve Miller on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:47 pm

So exactly what was the collapse of CB?

Cloud service was by a new entity on the market (not an old player), tell me something exactly what and who's products are being offered on this service?
avatar
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Posts : 1308
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 62
Location : Charlottesville Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  The Lone Ranger on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:24 am

Steve Miller wrote:So exactly what was the collapse of CB?

Cloud service was by a new entity on the market (not an old player), tell me something exactly what and who's products are being offered on this service?

Unfortunately Steve there is a Cloud of mystery that still shrouds this new service. As to the final price and exactly which manus will participate is still questions that will not be answered until the service is launched. Since this is DT's baby I would imagine that the CB library is on board and maybe SGB. I think James has indicated that SC is still on the fence as to if they will participate, if they elect not to join, this will hurt, as far as other manus are concerned, it would depend on the breakdown of how the money is going to be divided. Sunfly, SBI, and Zoom are some of the other names being tossed around, maybe Stellar. It to me would be a service I could do without, since I have a large collection of songs already, and have little need for new material. The cost seems to be the main sticking point, the comfort zone would seem to be somewhere between 50.00 and 19.99 a month for the service. Although some hosts claim they would not pay for the proposed service at any price, that is about half according to the KS poll. If the price drifts to the lower amounts, it would seem that a glut of new hosts will be in the market, further depressing wages for hosts, and giving options to the venues. One of the venue options would be to set up their own in house karaoke, I have crunched the numbers and if done right, the venue could save 30 to over 50% over hiring a professional KJ. Have A Great Day Steve.

P.S. The collapse of CB was in the form of an involuntary takeover, described by one of James's more complete posts as a foreclosure. I put the post up today and should be in the active section if you want to look at it. It gives a pretty good picture of what happened with CB aka DT/PR.

The Lone Ranger
member

Posts : 2041
Join date : 2012-01-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So Quiet...................

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum