Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Since the Cloud descended....................

3 posters

Go down

Since the Cloud descended.................... Empty Since the Cloud descended....................

Post  smoothedge69 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:49 am

it has been mighty quiet around here. I think everyone is in a state of shock.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Since the Cloud descended.................... Empty Re: Since the Cloud descended....................

Post  The Lone Ranger Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:44 am

smoothedge69 wrote:it has been mighty quiet around here. I think everyone is in a state of shock.

Think of it smoothedge the certified hosts that put their faith in the manus have been shaken to their cores. The signs were there trouble with the Las Vegas suits of SC, the collapse of CB, to be followed by the entire industry in 2013. The rise of the cloud that even Steve admits will spell the doom of all plastic owning hosts. Even Athena who keeps up a brave front, has to admit if the cloud takes off, her all in investment, in physical product will be worthless. In one meeting the manus removed their mask of being the hosts friends, and revealed their desire to control and charge the whole industry. Much like when the protectors of the people, become their masters. The reason were not shocked is I think we saw through the mask all the time, we just couldn't convince anybody else.

The Lone Ranger

Back to top Go down

Since the Cloud descended.................... Empty Re: Since the Cloud descended....................

Post  kjathena Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Hey I never said my plastic would be worthless...just the opposite. It is my belief my libraries will be worth more due to the sheer number of songs I have that will not be available on the cloud...sorry not much time for forums...my house is in a lake at present and I am conserving power cyclops

Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lone Ranger Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 pm

kjathena wrote:Hey I never said my plastic would be worthless...just the opposite. It is my belief my libraries will be worth more due to the sheer number of songs I have that will not be available on the cloud...sorry not much time for forums...my house is in a lake at present and I am conserving power cyclops

Athena

Embarassed

Sorry Athena I guess I didn't word that right. Steve thinks it will be worthless and so do I, I know you still hold out hope. Have a nice day.

P.S. I just came back from setting up my equipment for tonight, and picking up my wife from her line dancing class. I guess I should explain by worthless, as far as selling it to someone else or your business. Steve made the comment this is not a direct quote, that after he retired he could set the junk in the drive way and dose it with gasoline and set a match to it. It would still be worth something to you or your business, or me as a collector. I doubt you would find too many buyers for outdated technology, which is what it would be. Every year that went by the library with age would become more disused, still it would have some show value for oldies, for the next ten to twenty years. I hope I explained myself a little better. Everything is good for me since I'm just looking at doing this for another 5 years tops.

The Lone Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down