Karaoke USA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi There....................

+2
kjathena
smoothedge69
6 posters

Go down

Hi There.................... Empty Hi There....................

Post  smoothedge69 Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi, my name is Bobby. I am in Florida. I am FROM Long Island. I am 44 years old (yuck!!).

I am in the process of getting my system together, and my music, so I can get started hosting my own show. I help a friend of mine with his show, right now. If he can't run it, I do. Been doing it for about 6 years. You will find I am very vocal, so I hope you can handle that. Some forums can't, it seems, and would rather silence those that don't agree with the the cheer leading squads. You know who you are. I see some of you here!! I have been looking into what brands will let you media shift their music, AND let you use for public shows, and have vowed to only use those brands, as I think what a certain brand is doing is bad for the industry as a whole. In other words, I am NOT a cheer leader.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you all.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Hi There.................... Empty Re: Hi There....................

Post  kjathena Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Hello Bobby,
welcome to this forum I hope everyone plays nice but be aware that things can get a bit spirited here too.....It is best to wear your thick skin and be willing to receive the same as you give. I am glad you found this forum and hope you find some helpful information Smile As you are aware I am the #1 cheerleader and a proud supporter of quality brands including but not limited to SC,CB and Stellar

KjAthena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Thank you for the welcome, Athena. I have plenty of skin, quite a bit of fat, and a good dose of muscle, so nobody here can hurt me. I don't like corporate America, whether it be large corporations or small. I do not like any entity that tries to impose their will on people. I am just starting out, and have pirated nothing, nor ever run a pirated show. I do not feel that I should have to bow down to the Karaoke Gods to be able to run a good show. My friend's show uses no Sound Choice. He has been in business for 12 or 13 years, without SC. It can be done. I would gladly go back to SC if they changed their policies, or made it less of a hassle to use their stuff. If YOU want to be a cheer leader, have at it. I fall somewhere in the middle of this fight. While I would like to see the pirates go, I do NOT want to be lorded over by the karaoke manus.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Bobby,
I can see the view from where you stand as well. I wish you the best luck in getting your show off the ground and am willing to answer as many questions as I can. I do not bash anyone and try to be helpful as I can. if you choose not to use any brand that is your choice and I personally will honor your choice. I myself having been in business for over 17 years can not imagine removing the brands in question after having purchased them and my customers getting used to having them. I hope you find lots of useful info here no matter what your stand on the SC issues are Smile

Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Thank you.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lone Ranger Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:36 am

Very Happy Welcome aboard Bobby now I won't be the so Lone Ranger here. First rule is don't say cheerleader, some hosts take a great deal of offense to this term. On the other hand they won't mind calling your posts pirate blather, you will find yourself greatly outnumbered here. Also be prepared to have many exchanges with Steve Miller aka Thunder. KjAthena is a good person and can be very helpful, she has been in the business as long as I have and one of the best business heads on any of these forums. She also can look at both sides of an issue and I believe is one of the truly honest hosts whose opinion I listen to. I myself have run my business all these years and do not use SC at all in my hosting activities. I don't trust the idea of 3 large companies determining the fate of our industry. Good luck to you and hope you become successful good host. This industry needs all the good hosts it can develop and not some of the hacks I've seen.

The Lone Ranger

Back to top Go down

Hi There.................... Empty If you think the other forum was hard on you...

Post  Sandman Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:39 pm

This forum is a bit more tolerant of adults saying what they really think.

I think you are dishonest. pirat Suspect

I think you are disloyal. pirat

I think you are the type of Host/KJ that gives karaoke a poor image. pirat

I also read your post regarding PHM/Stellar and I find it to be inaccurate, with conclusions based on mis-information.

Steve will have to wait his turn. Evil or Very Mad

Lone Ranger... you might just wanna check out the boat before you jump aboard. No less than 6 other pro KJ's have told this guy that he should look for another line of work, based on his statements and intentions. Then again, 'strange-bedfellows' may be just the thing. clown

Sandman
Sandman

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:22 pm

Sandman wrote:This forum is a bit more tolerant of adults saying what they really think.

I think you are dishonest. pirat Suspect

I think you are disloyal. pirat

I think you are the type of Host/KJ that gives karaoke a poor image. pirat

I also read your post regarding PHM/Stellar and I find it to be inaccurate, with conclusions based on mis-information.

Steve will have to wait his turn. Evil or Very Mad

Lone Ranger... you might just wanna check out the boat before you jump aboard. No less than 6 other pro KJ's have told this guy that he should look for another line of work, based on his statements and intentions. Then again, 'strange-bedfellows' may be just the thing. clown

Dishonest, and disloyal?? Disloyal?? Who am I supposed to be loyal to, exactly?? I have made no friends here. As for giving a bad image to other KJs, well if my decision to NOT use SC does that, oh well. I will protect myself and my investment from the likes of SC. AS for what I said about PHM, it was posted on KS by one of their hosts who spoke with PHM directly. As you know, I got a two week ban from there, so I can't get into the Legal department to extract the link.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandman Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:34 pm

smoothedge69 wrote:Dishonest, and disloyal?? Disloyal?? Who am I supposed to be loyal to, exactly??

Your KJ buddy, who is too much of a drunk to run a show that you can run better. The one who loans you his discs for ripping and who you hope will take time off so you can run his show. That guy.

smoothedge69 wrote:I have made no friends here.

Agreed.

smoothedge69 wrote:As for giving a bad image to other KJs...

Your apparent lack of integrity, coupled with your stated intentions and opinions regarding the theft of music speaks volumes about the image you would present as a Host/KJ.

smoothedge69 wrote:AS for what I said about PHM, it was posted on KS by one of their hosts who spoke with PHM directly.

What you said about PHM is inaccurate and I know that because I spoke directly with PHM (Tony Walstra) back in 2010 regarding the CAP agreement and PHM/Stellar's stance on audits and pursuing piracy of their materials. The fact is they too have and are engaged in prosecuting pirate hosts & kj's. I was told specifically of a suit in the midwest though I can't divulge details.[/quote]

smoothedge69 wrote:As you know, I got a two week ban from there, so I can't get into the Legal department to extract the link.

I am fully capable of locating the information on my own. For the record, I did not know that you got a ban from KS... I have been banned for a month. I can't say that I am surprised though. They couldn't be exposed by tacitly approving your bs and allowing you to continue unchallenged.
Sandman
Sandman

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:04 pm

Ok, one more time, this is from Sevarin from KS who just FINISHED his certification with SC and IS certified with CB:

Sevarin
Post subject: Re: Just passed the Sound Choice audit!Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:41 am

Thanks guys! I guess that's it for me with certifications. Got the CB and SC certification now. PH is not doing any audits now but I was told by Tony from Stellar Records that as long as I have an original disk for each song I have on my hard drive I have nothing to worry about in regards to media shifting. So I just leave PH like that.

I am only going by what was posted THIS week!!! If you don't believe me, TAKE IT UP WITH SEVARIN!!!

http://karaokescene.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23470

There's the link, go READ IT FOR YOURSELF!!!! It's the 13 or 14th post down.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:28 pm

Sandman wrote:
Your KJ buddy, who is too much of a drunk to run a show that you can run better. The one who loans you his discs for ripping and who you hope will take time off so you can run his show. That guy.

Yeah, that guy. Who did loan me disks to rip, that I ended up deleting after hearing all the crap on KS. That guy, you yes, i do wish would take off more, like he used to. Yeah, that guy, who I help out every time he needs me too, even if I have to change plans to do it. Yeah, that guy.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumbolt Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:58 pm

Ok boys and girls, lets keep what is happining on KS on KS. Early on I asked that we not post quotes fron KS of members there that are not active in the discussions here.

Rumbolt
Rumbolt

http://Hkinney@goodsoundsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kjathena Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Rumbolt Thank you was trying to keep everyone playing nice sorry if I overstepped

Athena

kjathena
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumbolt Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:17 am

Thanks Athena,
Just want this forum to be the voice of civilized conversation.
Rumbolt
Rumbolt

Back to top Go down

Post  smoothedge69 Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:38 am

Rumbolt wrote:Ok boys and girls, lets keep what is happining on KS on KS. Early on I asked that we not post quotes fron KS of members there that are not active in the discussions here.

Sorry I posted that here, but I was called dishonest because Steve didn't believe what I was saying about PHM. I had to prove my point. I will not tolerate being called dishonest by him, or anyone else!! I have no reason to lie about anything.
smoothedge69
smoothedge69

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumbolt Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:46 am

smoothedge69 wrote:
Rumbolt wrote:Ok boys and girls, lets keep what is happining on KS on KS. Early on I asked that we not post quotes fron KS of members there that are not active in the discussions here.

Sorry I posted that here, but I was called dishonest because Steve didn't believe what I was saying about PHM. I had to prove my point. I will not tolerate being called dishonest by him, or anyone else!! I have no reason to lie about anything.

If he has reason then he should present his case and you defend your case in another section of this forum.
Thanks
Rumbolt
Rumbolt

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Miller Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Bobby,

I never said anything about not believing you, I said you better check again with PHM.
Steve Miller
Steve Miller
Vetted Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum